Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Favorite Authors?
Josiegirl 02:16 AM 06-16-2017
Can you list your top 5 authors for me? I've gotten to the bottom of my reading stack and need to make another trip to the library tomorrow. But I've run out of ideas of who to read. Last time I went, I picked up 3 books that I thought looked really good and 2 of them I couldn't make it through the first 50 pages. So....any suggestions??
For me my top 5 authors would have to be:
Jodi Picoult
Harlan Coben
Kristin Hannah
Linwood Barclay
Elizabeth Berg

Thanks!!
DaveA 04:33 AM 06-16-2017
Louis L'amour (I have them all. Grew up reading them)
Vince Flynn (Can't wait to see what they do with American Assassin as a movie. If the f up the Mitch Rapp character I will be hacked.) With the exception of "Term Limits" which is stand alone you're better off reading them in order or it can be confusing.
Don't know the real author but the "Castle" series was pretty good. They wrote them as the books he was supposed to be writing in the TV show.
Michael Crighton
I love Sherlock Holmes stories, so Arthur Conan Doyle is a must.
Blackcat31 06:33 AM 06-16-2017
Stephen King ~(LOVE a good psychological thriller! Duma Key is my fav!)

John Grisham ~ (die-hard legal mystery fan! Rainmaker and A Time to Kill are my favorites)

Stuart Woods ~ (another legal mystery writer... but usually set in L.A. or New York and involves the fictional rich/famous) my favorites are Sante Fe Rules, Imperfect Strangers and Run Before the Wind)

Janet Evanovich ~ (Can NOT stop laughing out loud!!! Even my DH will ask me to read aloud the parts that make me laugh out loud) Love all of her books; especially the Stephanie Plum series so you just gotta start with #1 which is One for the Money.

Ann Rule ~ True Crime that will grab you and such you in! Her books are short stories usually but she does have a few full length novels. She is SOOOO good that I've cried right along with the families of the victims and wanted to advocate for strong punishment for the killers but that's the thing. She writes so well that you feel like you "know" both the victims and the killers in the story and all of them are true but tragic stories. The one that touched me the deepest but cant quite say it's my favorite as that sounds bad but Small Sacrifices. It's heartbreaking but yet I couldn't put it down.

I also love:

Liane Moriarty (So FUNNY!!!)

Jackie Collins ~ (money, fame and fortune)

Lisa Scottoline ~ (read Look Again... an adopted child is pictured on a milk carton as a missing child....it's the first one I read of hers and it hooked me)

Jennifer Weiner ~ (OMG! Can't stop laughing....I recommend In Her Shoes or Little Earthquakes)

I read ALOT of different types of things but those are my go-to easy reading, reading for enjoyment, reading I can put down and pick up easily type books/authors ^^^

Usually I prefer to read for entertainment or suspense.

There are books such as "A Wolf at the Table" that was required reading for a psychology class... whoa! What a great but terrifying book about a sociopath father. The author also wrote Running with Scissors.

I also LOVED "What Was Mine" by Helen Klein Ross about a women who out of the blue steals a baby from a store and raises the child as her own until the child (much older now) discovers they were abducted.

The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison was also easy but good reading. It was very much like Gone Girl and/or Girl on a Train.
Unregistered 07:54 AM 06-16-2017
Alice Hoffman
Josiegirl 10:26 AM 06-16-2017
I LOVE Lisa Scottoline, just finished Keep Quiet and that was really good. I'll have to check and see if they have any more available that I haven't read.

I'll have to make out a list to bring tomorrow.
Thanks!
MyAngels 06:28 AM 06-23-2017
I tend to read a lot of series books:

Michael Connelly's Harry Busch books and to a lesser degree his Micky Haller books. He's starting a new series this summer as well.

Robert Crais' Elvis Cole and Joe Pike books.

John Sandford's Prey books and Virgil Flowers books.

Lee Child's Jack Reacher books.
Tags:authors, book suggestions, favorite - authors
Reply Up