Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What happens if you are over and DCFS comes in for inspection
Unregistered 12:28 PM 03-03-2009
We have been having many inquiries about daycare and we are licensed for 5, but were wondering what happens if you had more and they came in for inspection.

Anyone know, thanks!
Unregistered 01:34 PM 03-03-2009
now I'm not to sure of this or not but "they" say that here in IN they can fine you 100.00 a day per child you are over, going all the way back to the time you enrolled said children? I don't know if its true or not, but thats what i've heard from other providers in the area.
Unregistered 07:30 AM 03-04-2009
In my area, you can get a fine of up to $500 per day. I've heard they will wait while you call all parents to come get the children and explain why they have to be picked up. Then you are on the "list", and they come out often to see if you are within numbers/ratio. Two instances and they will take your license.

Just doesn't seem worth it to be over.

We can apply for a waiver if it's a temporary thing. For example, I may have two weeks where I will have three children under 2, until the oldest has his bday. But I'm not over numbers, just out of ratio for a couple of weeks. They are usually okay with things like this.

Bridget
NEDaycare 11:00 AM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We have been having many inquiries about daycare and we are licensed for 5, but were wondering what happens if you had more and they came in for inspection.

Anyone know, thanks!
It will probably vary state to state. In NE, the inspector tells you to reduce your numbers, and you better have those kids gone if she comes back the next day. Not only the inspector but also the food program person that inspects watches for that and reports it if we are over. I've never had that issue.

My old daycare provider gave me the list for Valentine's Day of all the kids, and she was licensed for 8 children but there were 17 kids on that list. She said she just hopes they are not all there the day the inspector comes. She was down to 16 soon thereafter because I took my daughter out and opened my own daycare. Some people choose to risk it, but there's a reason for the limit in numbers of kids.
Unregistered 12:41 PM 03-04-2009
With us, we would be over our licensed ratio (we can have 6 infants), for about 2 months, not over numbers-if we signed up this desperate mom.
Unregistered 05:56 AM 04-01-2009
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
With us, we would be over our licensed ratio (we can have 6 infants), for about 2 months, not over numbers-if we signed up this desperate mom.
In TX, you are written up as an noncompliance. After so many violations for the same thing, the state can and will close you down. Is it worth losing your business for one parent?
Reply Up