Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Start Up
ilgirltrist11 11:23 AM 07-05-2015
I have a question about contacting people. I had a lady call my house at the beginning of last week. My family member took the message since I was at work. I have called her 3 times now with no response. In my last message I said that I was only going to wait another 24 hours since I have another lady interested in childcare. Is that fair? I don't want to be mean but if I can't get a call back, I should just move on, right?
Thriftylady 11:28 AM 07-05-2015
I am not sure I would have left that message, but I also won't hold a spot. Even if I interviewed I don't hold a spot until the enrollment fee is paid and I have a start date. Even then I only hold it so long without pay. I guess I would have just left her another message and not called again but left out the part about moving to the next person. You don't want to burn bridges.
Controlled Chaos 12:30 PM 07-05-2015
I would have only called once and left a message along the lines of "Thank you so much for your interest in my program. If you would like to schedule an interview or have any questions give me a call or email at ..." If they call back great, if not I assume they have moved on. If they were to call back after I filled the spot no big deal - they had no guarantee or right to the spot. "Sorry! The spot has been filled, I would be happy to add you to my wait list"
finsup 10:51 AM 07-06-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
I would have only called once and left a message along the lines of "Thank you so much for your interest in my program. If you would like to schedule an interview or have any questions give me a call or email at ..." If they call back great, if not I assume they have moved on. If they were to call back after I filled the spot no big deal - they had no guarantee or right to the spot. "Sorry! The spot has been filled, I would be happy to add you to my wait list"
Yup, exactly what I would do too
LindseyA 11:25 AM 07-06-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:

Reply Up