Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Only Charge For Half Day?
Unregistered 02:32 PM 08-03-2017
I dont require payment for my vacations but i need parents to pick up by 2pm instead of 5:30 so i can catch a flight. Should i only charge a half day? I open at 7am. I didnt make it clear in my policy about early pickups and dont know what the parents might expect of me. What would you do?
Denali 02:53 PM 08-03-2017
I'd just close the whole day. Or have people pick up before/after lunch. That way you have plenty of time for anyone to 'forget' or 'run late' and still be good to go.

All you need is for someone to not pickup their kid and you to miss your flight. Sadly I've learned to not put myself at the mercy of some people when I know I have to be somewhere important at a certain time. 😑
Unregistered 02:58 PM 08-03-2017
Good point, but im already losing 1 day of pay because this is a thursday night flight and coming back sunday. So i already have to take friday off. I usually dont take time off unless i use my backup provider, but she is already booked both of those days.
Ariana 03:00 PM 08-03-2017
If you have no policy, no paid time off and no sick or personal days then charge them for the half day. I would make pickup at noon just in case.
Jupadia 04:32 PM 08-03-2017
If you don't have any policys in place and what I do is take it as my vacation day (not paid) or let parents know that it's regular fees for day bit you will be closed by noon. I have one half day in my contract and prices stay the same for it.
Leigh 08:52 AM 08-04-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I dont require payment for my vacations but i need parents to pick up by 2pm instead of 5:30 so i can catch a flight. Should i only charge a half day? I open at 7am. I didnt make it clear in my policy about early pickups and dont know what the parents might expect of me. What would you do?
If you're open 7-5:30, I would only discount 30% if you decide to discount at all. I take ALL days paid, personally, but it seems pretty standard around here that if you're open til noon, it counts as a full day.
daycare 09:20 AM 08-04-2017
I would not give a discount. those that are paid a salary like us always work more than just the actual hours that we are open. no way. I would expect full pay and close right after lunch...

don't cut it so close to your flight. what will you do if a parent picks up late?
Tags:half day care, half rate
Reply Up