Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Discipline Question
Jack Sprat 03:51 PM 08-17-2017
I have a set of twins that have been here for 5 weeks. They are brother and sister 5yrs old. The are by no means awful children but, have a very hard time controlling them selves. Nothing major and nothing that I don't think will work its self out. I use the Love and Logic approach for discipline. I tell the children something one time if they continue then they are removed from the situation. Often times the "offense" continues in other areas of my home so they have lots of quiet time.

Today at pick up their older sister came along at pick up. She asked if they had to sit alone. I told her not to worry about it. She kept asking and I repeated myself. Soon the twins told her that yes they did. Grandmother informed me that when they get into "trouble" here they have to go to bed early. I'm not sure how early etc. But, I feel bad for them as I feel like they have served their time here so to me they start with a clean slate at home. Also, I know that can make it a stressful evening at home. I don't want that at all. A lot of the behaviors are things that I know were okay at previous daycare and with their grandmother who was their caregiver for 3.5 years.

Do I talk to mom and dad or just leave it be?
Ariana 04:25 PM 08-17-2017
What they choose to do at home is their business and I wouldn't say anything. I think this is part of continuity of care, meaning that the day they have with you impacts their time at home. That is an incentive for the kids to behave. If anything I think it is great!
Denali 08:53 PM 08-17-2017
To me it sounds like the family is just trying to back you up in their own way.

At least it's not "oh? You didn't listen and were hitting all day? I'm sorry to hear that - lets go to Mcdonald's to help you feel better! "
Josiegirl 02:06 AM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by Denali:
To me it sounds like the family is just trying to back you up in their own way.

At least it's not "oh? You didn't listen and were hitting all day? I'm sorry to hear that - lets go to Mcdonald's to help you feel better! "
Right?! Soothe their little souls with fast food...wrong on so many levels.

I think they're just trying to back you up too. But I had a dcm who would always come in every day, asking how their day went, and everything I said determined their evenings. I finally told the mom I didn't want to play a part in that any longer because her dd was always asking me 'was I good today?' And I felt terrible when I knew her days were less than wonderful. Besides that, I always felt like an adult tattle tail.
Reply Up