Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crawlers and Dresses
Silly Songs 07:06 PM 04-19-2017
Does anyone else cringe when you see a little one trying to crawl wearing a dress ? It's so hard for them. I'm helping a neighbor with a 9 month old and another child. I'm constantly tucking the dress up so the baby can get across the floor. I finally used a hair clip to make the dress shorter in the front, then she took off !
Denali 08:08 PM 04-19-2017
Drives me batty. The same when parents dress crawlers in white pants. Then make the comment "oh, you got your pretty pants dirty..."

Yup, sure did! 😁
Blackcat31 06:36 AM 04-20-2017
Crawlers in dresses is second on my list of annoyances.
The first is potty training children in bib over-alls, "onsies" or with belts.

I remember when my own DD first started crawling.... I think she got 3 or 4 fat/bloody lips before I realized she was "tripping" on her dress while crawling and smacking her face on the floor.
Magic 06:57 AM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Crawlers in dresses is second on my list of annoyances.
The first is potty training children in bib over-alls, "onsies" or with belts.
I just did a news letter and in it was ...please make my life easier ..so I can spend more time watching children than changing them dressing them ex ..no many buttons, overalls ex...and the potty training outfits ...so now I have pull ups with very tight pants and tucked into socks ...and muddy buddies ...sigh...but almost no button sewaters ..almost
childcaremom 07:54 AM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by Magic:
I just did a news letter and in it was ...please make my life easier ..so I can spend more time watching children than changing them dressing them ex ..no many buttons, overalls ex...and the potty training outfits ...so now I have pull ups with very tight pants and tucked into socks ...and muddy buddies ...sigh...but almost no button sewaters ..almost
Oh my gosh. I dislike these things so much. And so many parents love them.
AmyKidsCo 09:34 AM 04-20-2017
Yep. I usually change their clothes for the day then change back before pick up. Same with bibs/tight pants for potty trainers, light pants for crawlers, etc.
Ariana 10:06 AM 04-20-2017
I literally had to ban dresses! Bad for crawlers, bad for playing and bad for toiletting.
Silly Songs 01:31 PM 04-20-2017
What are muddy buddies ?
Magic 05:22 PM 04-20-2017
a full piece rain suit ..I am sure other names for it ...not good for potty trainers ...lol...but great things for the younger
Blackcat31 06:18 AM 04-21-2017
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
What are muddy buddies ?
I wondered the same thing!

Originally Posted by Magic:
a full piece rain suit ..I am sure other names for it ...not good for potty trainers ...lol...but great things for the younger
I had to Google.... lol!

I had to do the same when some of my northern friends talked about splash pants... I had no idea what splash pants were....But now I know what Muddy Buddy's are AND what splash pants are thanks to Google!
childcaremom 06:23 AM 04-21-2017
Muddy buddies are the bane of my existence.

I have yet to meet a child who can put this on themselves without assistance. Don't care the age. Whether it's legs, arms or zippers, they are a pita.

I have yet to meet a child that it fits properly. Arms to short and legs are perfect. Legs too long and arms are great. You get the idea.

Kids SWEAT in these.

Hoods hang over their faces and they can't see.

But they are sold at high end children's stores and cost an arm and a leg so they must be fantastic.

Guess I have pretty strong feelings about these. Don't get me started on Stonz.
Blackcat31 06:34 AM 04-21-2017
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Don't get me started on Stonz.
Stop! Google must think I have zero brain cells today!

.......anyways what popped up on Google for Stonz are cute! If I dare to ask, what's wrong with them?
Magic 08:54 AM 04-21-2017
I live in the " wet " coast ...so they are handy dandy to have here ......but ....nagged parents for long time for them and finaly just in time for pottery training ...hard to get long dress under too ...lol
but
I have been teaching my children to dress themselves in all out door gear and well ..they are even doing the " muddy buddies " too ....and well takes loong time to get ready to get out side ...lol
now to look up stonz
Ariana 09:42 AM 04-21-2017
I love muddy buddies and have them for some of my littlelest daycare kids who are never dressed properly because their parents just never take them outside! I just roll the sleeves or legs up. Agree about the hood but I never use it.

I love Stonz too!! Super easy to put on and keep on.
Reply Up