Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Using Your Dining Room As A Playroom
jacksmommy13 07:40 PM 04-13-2017
Does anyone have a door on their dining room? I'm rearranging my daycare area and would like to use my dining room as the playroom. It's right off the entryway.
I would need a double door. I like the idea that I can shut them at the end of the night and not see any toys.
I can't decide on barn doors or french doors. I'd love some input! Yay or Nay on the doors?
284878 07:16 AM 04-14-2017
I personally would go with a dutch door. That way you could use it as a gate also. Is see no reason that you couldn't do double dutch doors.
With a barn door how would you keep little ones from opening and shutting it? Would you install a latch or a stopper to hold the door?
Pestle 09:30 PM 04-14-2017
My play room is a converted carport that now has a 1/2 bath. The dining room is where I have art and meals, and is gated off from the kitchen with a tall baby gate, gated off from the living room with a long Regalo metal gate, and has French doors to the play room.

The problem I have is that the play room is down 3 steps from the dining room. So there has to be a gate or door to keep babies from falling face-first down the stairs when we're up in the dining room. The French doors are a real nuisance, though; even with a guard, I worry about fingers getting pinched.
Unregistered 12:26 AM 04-23-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
I personally would go with a dutch door. That way you could use it as a gate also. Is see no reason that you couldn't do double dutch doors.
With a barn door how would you keep little ones from opening and shutting it? Would you install a latch or a stopper to hold the door?
If you do the dutch door(the ones with separate top and bottoms), you can do a eye hook and latch system. It still moves a little but no were enough to get any pinched fingers. We had doors at a daycare I worked at without a latch and within the first week had a child go to the er missing skin and bloody cause they shut there finger in the 1/4 inch gap!
Tags:gates, regalo
Reply Up