Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wind Damage and filing a claim
ggmac 06:38 AM 04-27-2017
Question. I had some wind damage from a 2 day 55+mph wind storm in March. It pushed my wood privacy fence on both sides so much that it needs to be replaced. I've had 6 people come out to give me an estimate on repairing it, but I've been told it needs to be replaced. I've turned it in to my HO insurance (reluctantly!) and I'm waiting to hear back from them on how much they will cover (- my $1000 deductible). The question I have is, I also have a Business-Liability policy thru West Bend. It does include property damage to my business. Should I also try and turn it into them? Possibly pick up what my HO doesn't cover? I'm afraid of being cancelled for turning in a claim.
TomCopeland 08:34 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by ggmac:
Question. I had some wind damage from a 2 day 55+mph wind storm in March. It pushed my wood privacy fence on both sides so much that it needs to be replaced. I've had 6 people come out to give me an estimate on repairing it, but I've been told it needs to be replaced. I've turned it in to my HO insurance (reluctantly!) and I'm waiting to hear back from them on how much they will cover (- my $1000 deductible). The question I have is, I also have a Business-Liability policy thru West Bend. It does include property damage to my business. Should I also try and turn it into them? Possibly pick up what my HO doesn't cover? I'm afraid of being cancelled for turning in a claim.
You should definitely talk to your business liability insurance agent. You don't have to make a claim after talking to her/him. Ask for their advice, that's why you have a policy with them.
LysesKids 09:00 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
You should definitely talk to your business liability insurance agent. You don't have to make a claim after talking to her/him. Ask for their advice, that's why you have a policy with them.
Tom what do you do when you ask questions & the agency answers them & then head office opens a claim even if you hadn't decided to yet? I had a file a Zero claim against my insurance 2 years because the agent & I had no clue just asking a few questions would automatically start paperwork even if I hadn't planned on filing (2000 loss that I ended up putting on taxes because I had said I didn't want the claim opened & they did it anyway); as a result I can't get them to lower my deductible either and I'm afraid to ask questions about anything else now (State Farm has a liability policy on the childcare). Both the agent & myself never had a clue it could happen by asking something generic
Tags:damages, tom copeland, wind damage
Reply Up