Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Changing Table/Diaper Station
SandeeAR 09:02 AM 12-07-2010
Our landlord has decided to sell the house we are in (thought this was long term when we signed). Oh well. We will be moving January 1.

Currently I have a large Den area that is for my Daycare. I have the changing table in it. They all sleep in the back bedroom.

In the new house, I can't decide. Do I put the changing table in the den/hall or in the same room they sleep in. We will gain a bedroom in this new house, so one room will be for them to sleep only.

My question is....where do you have your changing table/diaper station?
SilverSabre25 09:48 AM 12-07-2010
My changing table is in the nap room. If someone needs a change when someone else is napping (it happens), I slip in quietly and grab a diaper and wipes.
Luna 10:13 AM 12-07-2010
I have my changing area in a separate room, but I do have one child napping in there twice/week. When he's in there I bring diapers & wipes out first in case someone needs changing before he wakes up. I am not willing to risk waking him up!
countrymom 10:18 AM 12-07-2010
I change the kids on the floor, so my answer would be anywhere.
DancingQueen 10:18 AM 12-07-2010
Mine is in my kitchen
jen 10:20 AM 12-07-2010
We have to have running water where our changing station is...mine is in the bathroom.
melskids 10:24 AM 12-07-2010
we also have to have it near a sink, but not near the food prep area, so mine is in the bathroom as well.
MARSTELAC 10:48 AM 12-07-2010
I have a dresser in the bathroom closet with everyone's supplies. I have a changing pad that I place on the floor just outside the bathroom. I change everyone (that needs it !) right there. Then I can just throw garbage right into the bathroom garbage can, put wipes/etc. away, quickly spray down the pad and put it back in the bathroom closet, and then we can wash our hands right there. I have the ones that can walk come in and wash hands with me since they need to get in the habit anyway....
momofsix 10:52 AM 12-07-2010
When I had a lot of babies, they had their own sleeping room with a changing area in it, and I also had one outside the main daycare room just outside a bathroom. Now that I don't have so many babies, I only have the one near the dc room.
kidkair 12:23 PM 12-07-2010
I change diapers on a mat on the floor of the bathroom. All the supplies are on shelves in the bathroom except changes of clothes which I keep in cubbies in the coat room. I like changing diapers in the bathroom because it gets the kids used to the bathroom and makes it easier for when potty training comes around.
misol 12:25 PM 12-07-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:
we also have to have it near a sink, but not near the food prep area, so mine is in the bathroom as well.

Same here but mine is in the laundry room.
Blackcat31 12:35 PM 12-07-2010
I also use a mat on the floor. No one falls off and it is easy to wipe and sanitize. Plus since it is on the floor....it can go anywhere.
SandeeAR 03:15 PM 12-07-2010
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I also use a mat on the floor. No one falls off and it is easy to wipe and sanitize. Plus since it is on the floor....it can go anywhere.
Guess I'm just too old for the floor LOL. I would rather lift them up and change them!
Abigail 05:15 PM 12-07-2010
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
Guess I'm just too old for the floor LOL. I would rather lift them up and change them!
I'm young and hate being on the floor if a changing table is available! LOL. I want to get a three-drawered dresser with the edging around it to hold the changing pad in place. Then, I can have all the children's items put away in drawers and it will all be together and organized.
Mom&Provider 03:27 PM 12-08-2010
Mine is on my main floor, but most of our time is spent downstairs in the playroom, so I've often questioned why I have it there...or better yet do I need two stations!? I have also done quick changes on the floor w/a change pad if we've been busy with an activity.
Greenshadow 04:08 PM 12-08-2010
My changing table is in the living room. The kids nap in the living room too so I guess you can say its in the main area of the daycare. My entire downstairs is my daycare.
Tags:changing table, diaper changing station
Reply Up