Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Soon Do You Start A New Client?
trix23 10:38 PM 04-30-2017
I got a text late Sunday night that a parent that toured with me over a month ago wants to start Tuesday this week for part time. I currently have that day off and made plans, not going to cancel them because the parent gives short notice...

But how much notice do you need before enrolling a new child? A week? A few days? For me, it's a planning as respect thing to give ample notice for a start date.
Unregistered 10:44 PM 04-30-2017
I work at a center but a week. Rule is you have to have your schedule in by noon Friday. If you dont, you dont start. We're the weird center though (7 days a week) so we go sun-sun
LysesKids 04:44 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by trix23:
I got a text late Sunday night that a parent that toured with me over a month ago wants to start Tuesday this week for part time. I currently have that day off and made plans, not going to cancel them because the parent gives short notice...

But how much notice do you need before enrolling a new child? A week? A few days? For me, it's a planning as respect thing to give ample notice for a start date.
I won't start anyone, or even hold a spot without a signed contract and first months payment (I get paid by the month on the First, prorated if they start midway thru). I also have to have all the rest of the completed paperwork in my hands by drop-off the first day... this includes immunization/state waiver. I have started people 48 hrs after, but they had already paid for the position and I knew schedule & start date ( I have start date filled in on my contract)

Parents must let me know by Friday night the week prior for schedules changes. That said I stopped taking PT because I have limited spots ( 4)... it's either FT or Drop-in & Drop-in is not guaranteed at anytime ( it's in my policies and the contract)... I require signed contracts for Drop that are worded slightly different than my regular contract
284878 06:00 AM 05-01-2017
I have had this happen to me before and I reply with:
Thank you for contacting me. That is great that you would like to start this week. Before you can start we will have to get together and get the paperwork completed. If you go to my website you can print, fill out x y z documents and bring them with you ( or I will be emailing you x y z). We can meet on xx day to complete the paperwork, as the daycare is closed until xx day. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sometimes they will respond and start later, but there are some that get upset that the daycare closes at all. If they do get upset, good riddens.
trix23 01:11 PM 05-01-2017
I might have Part Time be $130 and Full Time be $160 because of all the requests for PT... oy.
Reply Up