Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Meal Question
Unregistered 06:06 PM 04-26-2017
I am fairly new to home daycare, started in July of 2016. I have been a lurker on this forum since before that. I had a question when it comes to feeding the children and when we are allowed to count them in our numbers of meals served. I have a 9 month old that is transitioning to foods slowly. His parents have been providing baby food for the last few months and he is transitioning to table foods (slowly). Is there a certain percentage a child needs to be eating before you can count them as a meal served. Example: today lunch was chicken patties, French fries and peas. I blended up the peas and fed them to the child in question for the first time. How much does he need to be eating of the meal that I served for it to count?
Blackcat31 06:12 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am fairly new to home daycare, started in July of 2016. I have been a lurker on this forum since before that. I had a question when it comes to feeding the children and when we are allowed to count them in our numbers of meals served. I have a 9 month old that is transitioning to foods slowly. His parents have been providing baby food for the last few months and he is transitioning to table foods (slowly). Is there a certain percentage a child needs to be eating before you can count them as a meal served. Example: today lunch was chicken patties, French fries and peas. I blended up the peas and fed them to the child in question for the first time. How much does he need to be eating of the meal that I served for it to count?
You would need to be the one that supplies all the required meal components for the child in order to count them in your meal counts. The only exception to that is if the parent supplies breast milk and you serve it to the child.

A 9 month old child requires breast milk and/or formula at each meal in addition to a fruit and/or vegetable and infant cereal or a meat/meat alternative (see below)

http://ccfpvac.blogspot.com/p/infants.html

Unregistered 07:58 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You would need to be the one that supplies all the required meal components for the child in order to count them in your meal counts. The only exception to that is if the parent supplies breast milk and you serve it to the child.

A 9 month old child requires breast milk and/or formula at each meal in addition to a fruit and/or vegetable and infant cereal or a meat/meat alternative (see below)

http://ccfpvac.blogspot.com/p/infants.html

OP here. Thank you for this chart.
TomCopeland 09:04 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
As long as you are serving any amount of food to a child you can count it as a meal or snack for purposes of claiming it as a food deduction using the standard meal allowance method.
Blackcat31 09:26 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
As long as you are serving any amount of food to a child you can count it as a meal or snack for purposes of claiming it as a food deduction using the standard meal allowance method.
Sorry, I should have clarified that my reply was based on the food program rules.

I forgot that claiming using the standard meal allowance method would cover her/him.
hwichlaz 02:50 PM 08-09-2017
FP rules say parents can contribute one component of any meal and you can still count it. So milk of some kind. or GF bread for you to keep on hand etc.
Tags:food program, food program check
Reply Up