Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where Did You Create Your Website?
EchoMom 07:31 PM 06-02-2012
Just wondering who you all think is best to use for hosting/creating my website.

I have a site already, but I want to change it and recreate it all now that I've developed my business and daycare style more.

Weebly, GoDaddy, WordPress, someone else? Who do you all use, and if you don't mind sharing your site link to look at? Here's my current one that I want to improve.

http://2teacherschildcare.com/
Michael 08:14 PM 06-02-2012
Suggest you also registered TwoTeachersChildcare.com and point it to your website.
Willow 08:22 PM 06-02-2012
I use Weebly, if you'd like me to pm you a link to my site I sure will if you'd like to see an example of what they can offer you for free hosting
spud912 07:44 AM 06-03-2012
I use webs.com.
Blackcat31 07:58 AM 06-03-2012
I used wix.com but am also messing around with Yola.

I just can't decide....

Each site seems to have so many different positives and negatives that I have yet to come across one that has ALL the tools I really want.
Crazy8 08:52 AM 06-03-2012
i have my domain with go daddy but use a wordpress template for it. I bought the template and figured it out but I'm not very savvy with that stuff so I'm sure I'm not using it to its potential.
EchoMom 10:48 AM 06-03-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
I use Weebly, if you'd like me to pm you a link to my site I sure will if you'd like to see an example of what they can offer you for free hosting
Yes that would be great thanks!
Willow 12:50 PM 06-03-2012
Messaged ya
KDC 08:46 AM 06-04-2012
I used to be with hostgator (used their template, and server services)... but it was pricey ($9.99/month), and I bought a macbook pro and it came with iweb. I used that and signed up for a free trial of mobile me. Just as I signed up for the free trial, they cancelled mobile me (for the cloud). The cloud does NOT have hosting capability so I'm also going to be searching for a new host. On the plus side, I've had FREE hosting for over a year

I LOVE iweb. It's drag and drop and has VERY user friendly. I'll be watching your post to see other good hosting sites

I'll pm you my site if you'd like to see it. Good Luck!
DaisyMamma 11:47 AM 06-04-2012
In my past life I was a web designer
www.LymeFamilyDayCare.com.

I think your web site is so much better than some I've seen and I don't think it needs to be completely redone. The design is clean, easy to read and navigate.
Aside from changing the font for the header and menu to a more child-like font I would update your "meta tags" to help with search engines and the title that appears in your browser, but the keywords look ok.
Also I agree with Michael, you need to register twoteacherschildcare.com.
athomemommy 11:49 AM 06-04-2012
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
i have my domain with go daddy but use a wordpress template for it. I bought the template and figured it out but I'm not very savvy with that stuff so I'm sure I'm not using it to its potential.
I just got one and its a mess. Can't figure it out. Its between google, go daddy, and blogspot.

What a mess!!!!!
DaisyMamma 11:51 AM 06-04-2012
Hosting: $1/month: http://hostbig.com/
athomemommy 11:51 AM 06-04-2012
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
In my past life I was a web designer
www.LymeFamilyDayCare.com.

I think your web site is so much better than some I've seen and I don't think it needs to be completely redone. The design is clean, easy to read and navigate.
Aside from changing the font for the header and menu to a more child-like font I would update your "meta tags" to help with search engines and the title that appears in your browser, but the keywords look ok.
Also I agree with Michael, you need to register twoteacherschildcare.com.

Can you help me. I bought a domain from Google, that went through Go daddy, to point me from Blogspot. Huge mess. all I wanted was a domain name not blogspot any more.
DaisyMamma 12:10 PM 06-04-2012
Originally Posted by athomemommy:
Can you help me. I bought a domain from Google, that went through Go daddy, to point me from Blogspot. Huge mess. all I wanted was a domain name not blogspot any more.
Pm me your information and let me know exactly shRED you are trying to do.
Michael 01:28 PM 06-04-2012
Originally Posted by athomemommy:
Use your godaddy account to point your domain name to your blogspot address for the time being. You can use any service for your website pages and point your domain name to it. Just think of the website as the rooms inside your home (interior)and the domain name as your landscape and front of the house (exterior). Everyone see the house (domain name) as you present it, it's your internet address. Once they come to your address they can come into your home (website).
Tags:website - how to, website review
Reply Up