Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>In Home Daycare And Side Business?
Unregistered 04:26 PM 04-10-2017
I need to increase my income and increasing the number of kids is not an option.

I get a good amount of traffic to my google maps, website, yelp, apple maps etc. So needless to say I would like to have something else daycare related if possible that would work with the theme and under the daycare umbrella utilizing that traffic.

Does anyone do anything else on the side to pull in more income? Something that I can do from home?

I am non toxic, holistic, organic, small group, outside nature loving hippy lol Not really but kind of

Thanks guys for the advice.
AmyKidsCo 07:11 PM 04-10-2017
Are you thinking of a side job like Tupperware? For someone organic/natural maybe Wildtree sales would fit?
Unregistered 07:14 PM 04-10-2017
I am open to anything. But I want to make sure it fits my values and theme of the daycare. Like Scentsy wouldn't work because of all the chemicals in the scented cubes that are released into the air and they make me sick.
Mike 07:46 PM 04-10-2017
Side businesses huh? How many do I have? Right now I do mainly home renovations, but on the side I have a few things going.

Currently:
main - home reno
side
- website hosting
- woodworking
- camera and lens repairs
- tutoring
- teaching photography course
- occasional professional photography

Near Future: (I hope)
main - child care
side
- home reno
- website hosting
- woodworking
- camera and lens repairs
- tutoring
- teaching photography course
- occasional professional photography

The home reno, web hosting, and woodworking are actual businesses. The other things are little things I just enjoy doing and make a few dollars with them.

Since the age of 15, I've always had at least 2 things going.
Unregistered 05:17 AM 04-11-2017
Wow I thought I was busy. I do home health on the side, but the mean elderly dementia clients and special needs individuals are really getting to me. On top of lifting dead weight and ducking swinging clients. It pays well but it is taxing.

Trying to get my weekends back.

I have thought of selling stuff on etsy related to baby things that I know are useful vs wasteful. But the amount of volume that I would have to sell would be huge and not very scalable.
thrivingchildcarecom 10:37 AM 04-11-2017
How about starting a blog? You can tailor it toward parents and or providers. Give tips on activities, curriculum, business, cooking for kids, etc. You can monetize the blog with Google Adsense, Amazon and build up a side income to supplement your childcare. Let me know if you would like more info on how to start.
Unregistered 10:45 AM 04-11-2017
I have debated that. Can we chat?
laundrymom 10:46 AM 04-11-2017
How about selling crafts?
Unregistered 01:34 PM 04-11-2017
I am thinking of it.
jenboo 06:12 PM 04-11-2017
I teach full immersion English classes online to Chinese children. Early morning classes before the kids get here. $20/ per hour. You need a bachelor's degree. I work 20hrs a week and make around $1500 a month.
Unregistered 05:57 AM 04-12-2017
Really? I had 3 years of Japanese in college and I have my Bachelors. I have a friend that travels the world teaching English. I never thought of that, I will have to look into it, thank you!
Cat Herder 07:54 AM 04-12-2017
If you are good at writing lesson plans and creating printable digital content for classrooms, Teachers Pay Teachers is an option.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/

Also, with so many being forced to take courses for QRIS there is a huge market demand for essay, portfolio and lesson plan formatting examples.
frugalmama4 07:56 AM 04-27-2017
Hello, would you have a little more information on getting started with this?

Thanks in advance!
frugalmama4 07:59 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I teach full immersion English classes online to Chinese children. Early morning classes before the kids get here. $20/ per hour. You need a bachelor's degree. I work 20hrs a week and make around $1500 a month.
Hello, would you have a little more information on getting started with this?

Thanks in advance!
Tags:side business
Reply Up