Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Tax Write Off Question for Tom
CityGarden 09:54 PM 02-11-2017
I am considering hiring a children's ride-share company to pick up and bring my dd to my program after-school, could I write off this as a business expense? And if I could write this off what category would it go under.... ?

I have always been able to pick up my dd but now with young children in my care I will not be able to do that...

I am thinking the ride-share will be easier than hiring an assistant so I can go get my dd or hiring an assistant or individual to go pick up my dd. Eventually I would like an assistant but am not ready for one at this point.
TomCopeland 10:00 AM 02-12-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
I am considering hiring a children's ride-share company to pick up and bring my dd to my program after-school, could I write off this as a business expense? And if I could write this off what category would it go under.... ?

I have always been able to pick up my dd but now with young children in my care I will not be able to do that...

I am thinking the ride-share will be easier than hiring an assistant so I can go get my dd or hiring an assistant or individual to go pick up my dd. Eventually I would like an assistant but am not ready for one at this point.
You can't deduct the cost of transporting your own child, it's considered a personal expense.
CityGarden 09:04 PM 02-12-2017
Thanks Tom that is what I figured...
Tags:taxes
Reply Up