Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rude
catinthebox 02:16 AM 06-08-2017
I work at a daycare site and currently its summer day camp for us. I am one of the closers and a lot of the new parents and some of the old parents are rude and disrespectful. Its part of our job to greet them and all, but its funny how you are try talking to them and they just ignore you and sign out their kids. Even when they see you. Its barely the first week and i am already down.

Don't get me started about asking the parents for their ID. For our site, anybody can drop off the kids, but whoever is signing them out must be in the kids contact list. We have up to 110 kids here and most of the kids are new, and its barely the first week and its kind of hard to remember all the parents their faces. Its funny how they give us so much bs when we asked for their ID because we don't remember them. Its like " do you want your kids to be safe or not" you can't have it both ways. If we can't remember you then i am sorry, we have alot of faces to remember and are trying our best. and we are gonna ask for your ID. Seriously, We had a parent Get mad because we didn't remember him on Tuesday. But! I am very thankful to the parents that are understanding and friendly to us.
daycarediva 03:53 AM 06-08-2017
PLEASE HAVE ID READY TO SIGN OUT CHILDREN

would be posted everywhere

Parents ARE rude. I'm sorry you're dealing with that.
TSDaycare 04:17 AM 06-08-2017
The society we live in today....just rudeness!!!
My kids school had signs up at the sign out table, and the same lady did it everyday. She remembered who's kids were whose, but still asked for our ID's everyday, from the first day of school to the last!
DaveA 04:26 AM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
PLEASE HAVE ID READY TO SIGN OUT CHILDREN

would be posted everywhere

Parents ARE rude. I'm sorry you're dealing with that.
THIS. I've had people I've never met before show up to pick up niece/ nephew/ grandkid with no warning and be mad I'm not letting a stranger just take a DCK.

As for the rudeness- that sucks. The more I deal with people the more I like animals.
Pestle 06:35 AM 06-08-2017
My husband used to get the same thing when he was a bank teller in a float (traveling) position. People would act like it was a personal offence against them when he didn't let them make withdrawals without photo ID. "You know me! I come in here every day!"

So he'd respond, "I'm not sure you know me. I just got sent here from the X branch; I've never been here before. And in any case, it's my job to protect your money, so I'm not going to give it to anyone who isn't you. I need to see your ID."

Works both ways, you knuckleheads. You want The Help to recognize you, but you never paid attention to them.
Pepperth 08:09 AM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
My husband used to get the same thing when he was a bank teller in a float (traveling) position. People would act like it was a personal offence against them when he didn't let them make withdrawals without photo ID. "You know me! I come in here every day!"

So he'd respond, "I'm not sure you know me. I just got sent here from the X branch; I've never been here before. And in any case, it's my job to protect your money, so I'm not going to give it to anyone who isn't you. I need to see your ID."

Works both ways, you knuckleheads. You want The Help to recognize you, but you never paid attention to them.
I got this as a bank teller too. Every once in a while if a person was really rude, I'd as " Do you know my name? " Once I had a customer say "I've been banking here since 1983" And I responded "that's the year I was born! Fortunately, they found it funny.
Pestle 11:46 AM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
Every once in a while if a person was really rude, I'd as " Do you know my name? "

Ariana 05:49 AM 06-09-2017
Yeah the parent tantrum. The best thing to do is smile and nod and ignore. I used to work retail so I have the "sorry that is the daycare/store policy" perfected!
Tags:rude parents
Reply Up