Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Whining
tenderhearts 01:19 PM 06-22-2017
I don't know how I get so lucky to have the whiners. I have a almost 3 yr old who Is constantly following me around and whining when we are outside. I don't understand, all the other kids are running around playing and she just stands around and whines. I told her today that when we are outside there is no whining and if she starts to whine then it must mean she is tired and will have to go in for nap. Seemed to work as she would catch herself but it really makes for an u joy able time outside. Does anyone else deal with this.?
AmyKidsCo 01:24 PM 06-22-2017
Not whining, but I have a 2.5 yr old who "grunts" instead of talking. She can talk as well as a 5 yr old but when you ask her a Yes/No question she'll just stare at you and not answer, and when things don't go her way she just grunts.
Ariana 02:04 PM 06-22-2017
Yes! I have a 17 month old that does this too. Whines and cries for th better part of the day. He has helicopter parents so cannot do anything on his own, has no language so communicates through whines. He sleeps here 5 hours a day sometimes because he is so whiney and exhausted all.the.time.

I also have a 3 yr old that follows me around whining and he can talk so he is always asking me questions. I tried some tricks that were suggested on here but the only thing that is working is sending him for nap. He hates nap so I stooped to that level. My problem is I only have him 2 days a week so punishment is the only recourse I have
tenderhearts 03:16 PM 06-22-2017
She talks very well too but her parents do not let her get away with it at home, but she is only here 3 days a week and I think that's what I'm gong to have to follow through with too is nap. It is so annoying. Every year at least one.
bklsmum 05:46 AM 06-23-2017
I will admit that sometimes I get childish and whine back at them to show them how annoying it is but usually I do the adult thing and send them to early nap.
Reply Up