Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Overnights
bklsmum 11:48 AM 06-23-2017
Once, sometimes twice, a month I do an overnight on a Saturday night for my DCF's. They can bring the kiddos at 530 pm and pick them up the next morning by 10 am. We have a theme and do a craft or a project and watch a movie and have a special snack all related to our theme. They are in bed by 9 and it is awesome! My DCP's love it because they can have a real date night and I have no real social life so it's just a bunch of extra money for me. I always do New Year's and one around Valentine's. Usually I just do one a month but sometimes I will do two and they are ALWAYS full and my DCP's RAVE about them to everyone. Anyone else do anything like this?
Mike 12:40 PM 06-23-2017
That's part of my plans when I open. In my babysitting years, I've done lots of overnight babysitting and like doing that, so it will be one of the little perks parents get if they use my services.

Like you, I don't have much of a social life. New years eve, I'm usually in bed before midnight.
bklsmum 12:45 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
That's part of my plans when I open. In my babysitting years, I've done lots of overnight babysitting and like doing that, so it will be one of the little perks parents get if they use my services.

Like you, I don't have much of a social life. New years eve, I'm usually in bed before midnight.
SAME! I do one of the earlier countdowns with the kiddos so they are still in bed by nine and I am out shortly after.
Max 04:01 PM 06-23-2017
I've thought about this! How do you decide on what to charge?
Mike 04:16 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Max:
For me, it's going to depend on the age, mainly whether or not feeding or diaper changes are needed in the night. I'm thinking probably about the same as a regular one day rate. More hours, but most of them are sleeping hours anyway.

I will be advertising as Christian daycare and I always go to church Sunday mornings, so parents will have the choice of pickup by 9am Sunday, or they can go with me to Sunday School if they are at least 3 and potty trained. No extra charge for that because I would never charge to bring children to Sunday School. I drove a Sunday School bus for 3 years, and a few years later bought my 15 passenger (11 seats) van and took friends kids, and often friends of those kids, to church. If parents want their kids to go to church, they get to sleep in Sunday morning.

Back in my bus driver days, that was why half the kids went. Parents sent them to get a few hours of free babysitting.
bklsmum 07:28 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Max:
I do a little less than my daily rate since they are asleep most of the time and it is a special thing. I have a couple kids who come who are not actually in my daycare and I charge them more.
Tags:overnights
Reply Up