Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quick Question
foxyredhead 09:53 AM 08-20-2009
Hello everyone

I am new to this site and would like to say hi and thanks for letting me post my concerns and stories...

I have a quick question and hope someone can help me on this topic that is concerning me ...

I have 2 kids that I am thinking of terminating as of the end of this month... they will be attending school in September and think it is going to be hard for me to take my own child to kindergarten in the morning and then pick him up and then come back to care for the other daycare kids... then a few hours later go to their school and pick them up to just have them for 3 hours ... which in this time period the baby I am caring for will be having his nap at the time they need to be getting picked up and I dont want to have to break up his nap... he gets super grumpy if you wake him... which makes for a rough rest of the day...

well that is not really the question I have.. it is leading up to the termination...

I ask for the parents to give me 2 weeks schedules in advance... well the mom of these kids called me on saturday to tell me her scheduling and let me tell you it is not worth my time... I only get them for an hour or so for the rest of this week... yesterday she showed up at 4:15 and the dad came right at 5pm to get the kids.... I know on my contract it says $6 an hour or a flat rate of 30 or 35 dollars a day.. but the thing is I didnt get what I ask for in my contract .. 2 weeks of scheduling.... they went from fulltime monday to friday to barely anything....

Is it wrong of me to say that it is a full day rate even if they only come for an hour or not even hour.....
melissa ann 12:26 PM 08-20-2009
I can relate to your scheduling problem. The mom of 2 of the kids I watch and aunt to the other, gets her schedule a month in advance and yet, most times I get a phone between 8-9pm Sunday for that week's schedule. I have stated more times than I can count on saying I need the schedule by pick up friday.

I charge a flat rate for the day. Sometimes I only have the kids from 1:30-2:00 unitl 5 (which I do sometimes) or from 6:15-5:00.

My daughter will be starting preschool this year. She will go from 9:30-11:30. IT's only like a block away from me, so I will put the dcbaby in the stroller and the other kids (2-4 yrs) will walk.

Only you can decide if terminating is the best solution for you. I had some serious thoughts on terminating my dck but I had no luck in finding replacements.
foxyredhead 12:37 PM 08-20-2009
On my contract I said $6 and hour up to 4 hours of care and anytime after 4 hours is a flat rate of either $30 if you provide lunch and snacks or $35 if I provide it all..... if they would have given me more notice then that then maybe I would have let it go to $6 an hour but with only 4 days notice it is not going to fly...

When the dad comes my hubby( who helps me with daycare) and I will have a chat with the kids dad and tell them that they are being charged the full rate because of not enough notice of schedule change... the government helps pay for their daycare... so I am going to keep the cheque and they dont have to pay a penny more.... I think it is fair to me to keep it at the full day rates... cause I would expect that to happen if I was the parent needing care, instead of the daycare provider needing money for care given.....

We have our son registered at the same school at the 2 kids but we are trying to get him in another school and wont know till the 1st of september if he will get in or not... the school we are trying to get him in is like a 2 minute walk down a pathway and wham there is the school... instead of packing up all the kids in the car( which is now broken) to take them all to school..... if it ends up that our son cant get in the school we want we will then tell them we can do the afterschool care, but we are for sure that he will get in the school right in front of our house basically

FRUSTRATED TO KNOW END WITH THESE PARENTS...

lets see what time the mom brings them today... will it be an hour and half, an hour or 45 minutes HMMMMMMM... still getting paid for a full day and that is how it is going to go.....

they can fight me and my hubby on it but we are totally at the right.... I THINK!!!!!!
Unregistered 08:54 AM 08-21-2009
I am 2 kids where the state pays their daycare, and whether they are here for 2 hours or 10 hours, I get paid for the full day. But, as far as having to take them to school and all, what is the total amount you get for these kids for the week, including govt money? Can you replace them easily? And, is it really worth it to have such a disruption during the day and not know when they are coming? Personally, I don't like to have any kids for part time days. If you do decide to let her go, just simply tell her that you are no longer taking part time kids. It's too hard on your schedule.
Unregistered 01:28 PM 08-25-2009
Is the state paying for a full day and this family is keeping the leftover money?!
Reply Up