Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Sibling Discounts
mac60 04:28 AM 06-11-2009
Just wondering what parents feel is a fair deal when it comes to having to pay for care for 2 or 3 children from the same family.....some providers offer a sibling discount, some don't.

Just would like to know what parents thoughts are on this.

My thoughts are....while I don't think sibling discounts are fair to the provider, I do give them, probably too much, mostly because it is the norm for my area. I mean, I am still required to give the 2nd child the same care, love, and security that I am the first child, yet many parents think we should do it for a "less amount" than the first child. I am only allowed a set amount of children to care for, and giving sibling discounts certainly does cut into our income.

I have often wondered where and how sibling discounts came to be in this business. As when my husband and I go to a restaurant, we don't get a discount because there are 2 of us, when I take my 2 kids to the doctore, we don't get a discount because there are 2, but when it comes to daycare, many parents expect us to give them a discount because there are two.

So parents, do you expect a sibling discount and what do you think is fair if you do.
Tags:2009, kids are expensive, parental life choices, sibling discount, siblings
Up