Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pregnancy Appts/Not Announcing to DCP?
newtodaycare22 11:34 AM 04-30-2012
DH and I are trying to conceive...hopeful for a positive test soon!

Anyway, I rarely take off work for appts and when I do, I always inform DCP about it. Ie: "My mom is taking the kids for a bit today so I can go to the dentist...." etc.

Well, I've recently done all of my annual check ups-dentist, physical, and tomorrow OB/Gyn. I get them all at the same time to remember. I didn't consider this in planning a pregnancy because I don't want to announce to DCP right away, yet, obviously I'll have appts.

I know I don't HAVE to tell them why I'm going somewhere, but I always do...so it'll be odd to be secretive about it. Any ideas of past experiences?Maybe I get a lot of cavities or have some bank appts? lol Thanks guys!
Kiki 11:38 AM 04-30-2012
I would just tell them you have some personal business to attend to, and you wont be available. Most parents will catch on once it's happening once a month for regular appointments, so yea, eventually you'll have to spill the beans.

Honestly it's all up to you on when and how you want to tell them!
We are expecting our 4th right now, just found out about a week ago, but I have no intention of announcing it to my families until I'm past the 1st trimester.
cheerfuldom 11:40 AM 04-30-2012
I have a regular part time assistant and my daycare parents dont even know if I have to run out unless they pickup or drop off during that time. I rarely give a reason, just mention that I have to run out for a quick appt. I think you are feeling that you have to do something that you really dont.....that being, give a reason. If they already are comfortable with your mom as your backup, just plan appts during mid day and do what you need to do. I guess I just do not even worry about offering info unless asked. The parents all know my assistant, know she is here weekly, trust that I would never leave the kids with anyone but her and that is all that needs to be said.

I am pregnant right now and have no plans to announce anytime soon. I am 11 weeks. I'll probably wait until the bump starts noticeably peeking out!
SunshineMama 03:32 PM 04-30-2012
I am 5 weeks- waiting until my first OB appointment before I tell my kids or the daycare parents.

Don't feel you have to lie to the parents, just say you have an appointment. It's rude of them to ask anyway.
saved4always 03:34 PM 04-30-2012
Whatever my appointment is for, I usually just tell my dcp's that I have an appt and leave it at that.
daycare 03:43 PM 04-30-2012
I used to be like this and now I just address it as personal matters....this way I don't have to tell them exactly what i am doing. I don't feel they need to know every time I go to the doctors or dentist, post office or bank.
Kiki 06:50 PM 04-30-2012

Just wanted to say holy jeebus there are a lot of us expecting, congrats to everyone else!!

Also-OT what is everyone hoping for? We have three girls, love them to bits and bits, but man, I am really hoping for a boy to give my husband someone to hang out with in later years!
Reply Up