Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Is school tax a write-off?
LittleScholars 08:41 AM 10-04-2016
I apologize if this has been covered. I tried searching and can't seem to find anything, and I couldn't seem to find the answer in Tom's book (but I bet it is in there somewhere!).

Is any portion of school tax deductible? We pay a fortune, so I'm hoping so! This is my first year open, so I'm unsure!
Blackcat31 08:46 AM 10-04-2016
Originally Posted by LittleScholars:
I apologize if this has been covered. I tried searching and can't seem to find anything, and I couldn't seem to find the answer in Tom's book (but I bet it is in there somewhere!).

Is any portion of school tax deductible? We pay a fortune, so I'm hoping so! This is my first year open, so I'm unsure!
School taxes for you in college or for your kids' school attendance? Public school or private school?
LittleScholars 09:11 AM 10-04-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
School taxes for you in college or for your kids' school attendance? Public school or private school?
Oh, great question. Public school taxes due annually.
TomCopeland 09:28 AM 10-04-2016
Originally Posted by LittleScholars:

You can deduct a portion of your property taxes, which I assume includes some school taxes.
LittleScholars 09:32 AM 10-04-2016
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
You can deduct a portion of your property taxes, which I assume includes some school taxes.
Oh, great! Our bill is sort of itemized, but that makes sense! Thank you!
Reply Up