Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Wild
AmyLeigh 09:21 PM 01-07-2015
I love, love, love this book. I saw the previews to the movie and was intrigued, but as we all know the book is usually better, so I checked it out from the library. Wow. I couldn't put it down. What an inspiring story.
Now I have a serious book hangover. It'll take a while before I can start another book.
KDC 06:09 AM 01-08-2015
I did not read the book, but went to see the movie and really liked it. I'm sure the book is way better, I'd have to see it after the book though. Seriously, I balled and couldn't blame my dry contacts, or allergies. However, there was not a single dry eye in the theater. Even my DH cried and he NEVER really cries. Great movie!
Josiegirl 01:44 PM 01-18-2015
Is this the one where the author of the book lost her mom and hiked the Pacific Trail(or something like that?)?
I'm on a wait list for the book.
Blackcat31 03:48 PM 01-18-2015
I've had the book on my Kindle for a while. I think it's next in line behind Gone Girl and Stephen King's Mr. Mercedes

I just haven't had the time to read much so it's just sitting there waiting.....

I'm a fan of Reece Witherspoon but I won't be seeing the movie.

If the book is not so great...I wouldn't want to see a movie version of a "bad book" kwim?

If the book is great and I like it as much as you do AmyLeigh, then there is NO way I'd ruin a good book by watching the movie version.

I prefer to read the book verses a movie version of a story (fact or fiction) ANY day.
AmyLeigh 10:03 AM 01-19-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Is this the one where the author of the book lost her mom and hiked the Pacific Trail(or something like that?)?
I'm on a wait list for the book.
Yes, that's the one. She just felt lost over her mother's death and some other issues in her life. The hike of the Pacific Crest Trail was sort of a "reset" for her.
AmyLeigh 10:06 AM 01-19-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I prefer to read the book verses a movie version of a story (fact or fiction) ANY day.
Me too. I will usually suck it up and watch the movies because my dh is such a movie buff. But then he has to hear me rant and rave about how the story has been ruined by the script writers. .
Josiegirl 09:32 AM 01-31-2015
I got the book and read it, and it is pretty good. I think they could do a decent movie on it so I'll rent it when it comes out.
Tags:book suggestions
Reply Up