Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pack n Play Sheets - Need Help
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 12:11 PM 06-25-2017
Just bought new sheets for my pack n plays. They fit so tight that it folds up the bottom, anyone have a solution for this? Or do you just have to purchase actual mattresses? In the past I've made my sheets and was able to adjust the elastic.
Pestle 02:26 PM 06-25-2017
I have an off-brand knockoff that has the same problem--the Graco brand straps down securely for me no matter how tight the sheets are.

Did you buy a different style of sheet this time?
flying_babyb 03:17 PM 06-25-2017
we have this problem in our daycare too! its a PITA! The easiest solution? pull on it and stretch
Leigh 03:57 PM 06-25-2017
I usually use jersey knit sheets with elastic all around because they don't fit THAT tight. The Graco ones fit well, too, but are more difficult to put on. I wouldn't get the mattress for daycare-licensing would probably not be fond of that.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 10:27 PM 06-25-2017
I've actually made my own in the past, but was at the store and for the price it looked like it'd be easier to just buy them. I was hoping someone had a "hack" solution that would work. I may just end up with scissors and the sewing the machine and try to fix it myself.
hwichlaz 05:40 AM 06-26-2017
every pack n play or even off-brand style I've had has velcro straps to strap down the mattress. The off brands are usually sewn too close to the edge though, so the sheets won't go on if the mattress is strapped down.
jenboo 06:02 AM 06-26-2017
Same here.
I strap the mattress down. I also have found that the Jersey knit ones aren't as bad.
Blackcat31 06:10 AM 06-26-2017
I got sick of this issue and just ditched my PNP and bought a mini-crib. The mattress is thick and has sheets that fit properly. It also folds fairly flat and stores just as easily and nicely as a PNP.

There is a gal in my state that is making a fortune off of sewing and selling custom made PNP sheets. Smart gal!
Mom2Two 10:58 AM 06-26-2017
Just use small (baby size) quilts. That's what they do in the NICUs for the babies. It's great coz body fluids get absorbed by the quilt and they can be easily washed. Each of my kids has their own quilt--hand me downs from my own kids.

They just fold under the board "mattress" of the pnp and are soft enough since the board does have little padding on it.

Of course they don't use pnps in the nicu, but it has still worked well here.
Pestle 12:25 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Just use small (baby size) quilts. That's what they do in the NICUs for the babies. It's great coz body fluids get absorbed by the quilt and they can be easily washed. Each of my kids has their own quilt--hand me downs from my own kids.

They just fold under the board "mattress" of the pnp and are soft enough since the board does have little padding on it.

Of course they don't use pnps in the nicu, but it has still worked well here.
Don't most states require a FITTED sheet so it can't come up and entangle the baby?
Mom2Two 12:53 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Don't most states require a FITTED sheet so it can't come up and entangle the baby?
I don't know what other states require.
hwichlaz 04:02 PM 06-26-2017
Ca doesn't get that specific. I don't think we're required to use a sheet at all....but we do have to sanitize. Since it's nearly impossible to properly set up a generic brand pack n play AND use a fitted sheet, a lot of providers just put down a receiving blanket.
Blackcat31 07:00 AM 06-27-2017
Yes MN does and they are very strict about it.

When licensing checks the sheet, the licensor pinches the sheet in the middle and pulls upward. In order to pass inspection the sheet must lift no higher than an inch and must not come free from the corners.
284878 07:26 AM 06-27-2017
Yep state rules are a fitted sheet and no blankets before a year.
They do make quilted PNP sheets, even waterproof ones.
Rainbow 05:55 PM 06-28-2017
I've had the same problem with sheets being too tight and bunching up the pnp mattress. Currently I have Graco brand pnps and use Graco brand sheets I found on Amazon. They do not have any elastic and fit without bunching or coming off.
Pestle 11:02 AM 06-29-2017
So how do you make a sheet tight enough to come up no more than an inch? PnP mats secure at the corners, so doesn't the whole contraption fold and rise when you haul on the sheet from the center?
Meeko 01:08 PM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I got sick of this issue and just ditched my PNP and bought a mini-crib. The mattress is thick and has sheets that fit properly. It also folds fairly flat and stores just as easily and nicely as a PNP.

There is a gal in my state that is making a fortune off of sewing and selling custom made PNP sheets. Smart gal!
I use mini cribs too for the same reason. I also got tired of little fingers poking holes in the PNP mesh
Meeko 01:13 PM 06-29-2017
I made my own "sheets" I made covers that go on like a pillow sham and cover the mattress completely.
KarenMN 08:56 PM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I made my own "sheets" I made covers that go on like a pillow sham and cover the mattress completely.

This is exactly what I did too. It is very easy to sew a pillow case type sheet for the cribs
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 02:48 PM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by Meeko:
When I made my own sheets I made them like normal sheets. This is sooo much smarter!!!
Tags:pack n play sheets
Reply Up