Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Breakfast Ideas
Missy Poo 01:28 AM 08-24-2016
I was thinking of starting to add more protein to breakfast and was wondering if I can get some ideas from you ladies.
LysesKids 08:28 AM 08-24-2016
I do a lot of Ethnic cooking so my kids end up eating a lot of unusual things...

Japanese sweet omelets or Havarti on dark bread w/sliced meat or fish are good choices; toasted cheese on mini bagels, Almond Butter toast with raisins... how about a fruit & yogurt smoothie as a change? Heck my youngest dd and I would eat Pho once a week for breakfast lol (soup doesn't have to be just a lunch thing)
Cat Herder 10:53 AM 08-24-2016
Eggs, cheese, yogurt, ham steak, turkey sausage, etc.

I serve a protein component with breakfast & lunch, everyday and dinner twice a week.

Today breakfast was: HM Blueberry Waffles w/flax seed, vanilla yogurt with sprinkles, sliced strawberries and milk.

Tomorrow is : English muffins with apple/cinnamon butter, sliced peaches, cottage cheese and iced water with lemonade cubes. (milk tastes nasty with cottage cheese, I will add it to morning snack instead )
serendipity 10:41 AM 11-15-2016
I love this idea!

Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
iced water with lemonade cubes. (milk tastes nasty with cottage cheese, I will add it to morning snack instead )

Unregistered 12:18 PM 06-07-2017
Peanut or almond butter toast
Cheesy scrambled eggs
Quinoa and shredded cheese
Apple slices and peanut or almond butter
Breakfast burrito
Protein energy bites
French toast
Breakfast Popsicles (yogurt and fresh fruit frozen)
Homemade Egg McMuffin
PalmaHall 06:18 PM 06-08-2017
I try to make sure to boost the kids' appetite 30 mins before the meal first. Giving them lighter snacks such as dried fruits and nuts can help. Another thing I do is make the meal healthy and appetizing and not look too heavy for them to finish.
Tags:breakfast - menu, breakfast ideas, nut allergy
Reply Up