Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Need Help. Changing From 1099 To W2
ncruz1980 07:24 PM 02-26-2017
Where to start? I am helping a family member get a daycare they are running back in track once comes to properly managing the place. Kids wise they are excellent and people love taking their kids to their daycare. The back-end operation of it is nearly none existent.

What I need the most help is with getting the employee records straight. They have assistants which kept on paying as contactors under 1099 but Department of Labor is demanding them to switch them to employees with W-2. In fact, they are paying, big time, for previous years they should had filed as W2 but didn't. What is the best way to get them on the path that DOL wants them? What is a good and economical payroll service you guys know of?

thanks for all the help.
sahm1225 07:44 PM 02-26-2017
I use intuit payroll services. I know the bank has one too (I think it's adp?).
TomCopeland 09:18 AM 02-28-2017
Originally Posted by ncruz1980:
Where to start? I am helping a family member get a daycare they are running back in track once comes to properly managing the place. Kids wise they are excellent and people love taking their kids to their daycare. The back-end operation of it is nearly none existent.

What I need the most help is with getting the employee records straight. They have assistants which kept on paying as contactors under 1099 but Department of Labor is demanding them to switch them to employees with W-2. In fact, they are paying, big time, for previous years they should had filed as W2 but didn't. What is the best way to get them on the path that DOL wants them? What is a good and economical payroll service you guys know of?

thanks for all the help.
Here's an article I wrote about payroll services: http://tomcopelandblog.com/payroll-services-right
Tags:w2
Reply Up