Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Can I Claim A New Camper And Expenses?
CraftyMom 01:31 PM 03-15-2017
We financed a camper in 2016. Can I claim it as business expense? We have it on a seasonal site at a campground. So it is there all year long. In spring, summer and fall I bring the kids there a couple times a week and spend the day. Can I claim the camper cost and/or expenses related to the camper such as our electric bill? I read something about a camper qualifying as a second home?
TomCopeland 09:10 AM 03-16-2017
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
We financed a camper in 2016. Can I claim it as business expense? We have it on a seasonal site at a campground. So it is there all year long. In spring, summer and fall I bring the kids there a couple times a week and spend the day. Can I claim the camper cost and/or expenses related to the camper such as our electric bill? I read something about a camper qualifying as a second home?
You can't treat the camper as a second home. You could claim a portion of the cost of the camper and electric bills based on a business use percentage. If children use it 30 days a year, then the business use percentage would be 30/365 = 8.2%.
CraftyMom 11:28 AM 03-17-2017
Thanks!
Tags:camper, deduction - camper, second home
Reply Up