Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Forms
KEG123 01:50 PM 01-25-2011
What forms do you present to your potential daycare parents at the interview? If you could give me a list, that would be great because I want to make sure I have everything.

Also, do they take them home and fill out then, or do you just go over them and then expect them to come back to fill them out once they think things over? Orrrrr....?

Also how do your interviews go? Tour of the house, paperwork, chit chat?

I've just been thinking about the interviewing process and am wondering what to expect.
littlesunshinesdaycare 02:00 PM 01-25-2011
I do a tour of the daycare area of my house, we walk out to the backyard, if weather permits. Then we sit at the dinning room table and go over the handbook and discuss questions or concerns they or I may have. If we are both in agreement that they are a good fit I produce the contract, we go over the contract and they sign the contract at that time. I do not allow any of my paperwork to leave my home without a signed contract.

The forms I have are:
Contract
Discipline Statement
Physical & Immunization Forms
Water Play permission
Emergency Contact form
Enrollment Application
Permission to Photograph
Supply list
KEG123 05:18 PM 01-25-2011
Thanks. What is a discipline statement? Could that just be included in my policies/handbook?
littlesunshinesdaycare 05:41 PM 01-25-2011
For licensing in Indiana I have to have a statement signed by the parents that explains how I discipline. I do have it all stated in my handbook this paper is just what is required for licensing.
KEG123 06:10 PM 01-25-2011
Ok thanks. I wasn't sure if I had to have it on a separate page or what. Anyone else care to chime in?
Abigail 08:01 PM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by littlesunshinesdaycare:
The forms I have are:
Contract
Discipline Statement
Physical & Immunization Forms
Water Play permission
Emergency Contact form
Enrollment Application
Permission to Photograph
Supply list
Thanks for sharing your list. I've been thinking about this too. I don't have a discipline statement, but it's in my handbook. What is on your water play form? What is your enrollment application? Ohhh, that is a good one to give out a separate supplies list because mine are in my handbook, but I'm sure if I made a nice large-print sheet of supplies needed by first day with a place to checkmark to make sure you have it might help!
littlesunshinesdaycare 04:43 AM 01-26-2011
For the Water Play permission it just says:

We have many activities involving water throughout the year. These include but are not limited to:

Water Senory Table
Water Bottle
Sprinklers
Bathing a soiled child

Upon signing this form you agree to permit your child: (name)
to participate in water activities
littlesunshinesdaycare 04:50 AM 01-26-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Thanks for sharing your list. I've been thinking about this too. I don't have a discipline statement, but it's in my handbook. What is on your water play form? What is your enrollment application? Ohhh, that is a good one to give out a separate supplies list because mine are in my handbook, but I'm sure if I made a nice large-print sheet of supplies needed by first day with a place to checkmark to make sure you have it might help!
My supply list is a check off sheet; I found that by giving parents something besides my handbook that reiterates what is required I actually get all the stuff on the supply list.

On the enrollment application I just collect a little more information like:

Where the child goes to school/preschool.
Previous Daycare Providers
Nickname the child may prefer to called.
All the parents emergency contact information (just in case I don't get the emergency contact paper back or incase it is misplaced I have the information on more than one paper)
renodeb 07:44 PM 12-26-2012
I hand potential clients an info pack with the following:
references (past clients who I have gotten permission to give there phone number out), a sample menu (if you offer meals), a list all of my closures, and a sheet with my rates and fees on it, plus a few business cards. (I get them from vistaprint.com.
Tip: Try and find some kind of folder to put it all in, that way you look a little together.
Deb
Tags:forms, interview
Reply Up