Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Daycare Provider Refutes Pediatrician EVERY TIME
User_Name 08:42 PM 12-08-2016
I want to start by saying our daycare provider is wonderful in every way but this one. I understand it is an extremely difficult job taking care of several other people's children all day. Long hours and the inability to truly leave work (home daycare) has got to be a huge downside to the job (although there are a lot of upsides )

We have been called to pick up our child several times when he was displaying symptoms and she instructed us to take him to the doctor for a diagnosis. Completely reasonable. But when we come back and tell her that there is nothing seriously wrong or contagious, or that her suspicion of what the illness was was incorrect, she gets really defensive and sometimes argumentative. I understand she wants all her kids to be healthy and they shouldn't come to daycare if they're ill, but our pediatrician has been in practice for almost 40 years and for her to refute his diagnoses is not only foolish but unprofessional. We've only been going here for about a year, and already she has done this at least three times. I want to tell her in a nice way that she is not a doctor and should not get defensive, and she needs to trust our pediatrician's expertise. Or should we find care elsewhere?
Tags:argumentative, attendance policy, diagnosis, doctor, doctor's note, dr, dr., exclusion policy, illness, mistrust, sent home, sick policy, sickness, unprofessional
Up