Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closing
jgcp 03:41 PM 11-04-2015
So, we have had a lot going on this year personally. I got pregnant in april but miscarried in may. During the few weeks I was pregnant I realized there was no way I could have a new baby and watch a bunch of kids, I know so many of you do it, but I realized soon after I opened that childcare was not for me(going in and out of depression didn't help) so I decided I would go back to school for Medical transcription editing! In Aug I was awarded funding for that! Then right after enrolling in Oct, I got the call my dad had passed away Then between the week of that call and his funeral my dh got the call for a interview we thought would never happen! AND HE GOT THE JOB!!! Let me tell you this year has been bad then good then bad and good again. This job literally will change out lives! I will now be closing at the end of the year so I can finish school and have some much needed time with my ds I just don't know How or when to tell parents that I'm closing for good and I will not keep this kid or that kids ( they some knew dh was interviewing and made comments like oh if you close youll keep my dd or ds right??) So do I write a letter and give verbal and how long should I give them and is it my responsibility to find other care for them?? Its been a long stressful, humbling, life- changing year...
Baby Beluga 07:39 PM 11-04-2015
I am so sorry about your dad. That is never an easy thing to go through.

But, congrats to your DH on his new job and your school funding! I hope they both will bring great things to your family in 2016.

As for closing, I have read on here to generally give as much notice as your contract says when terminating care. So, if you have a two week clause then give two weeks. However, if you are ending care at the end of the year I personally would give a 1 month notice. Finding care with the holidays might be tough and I am sure the families would appreciate the extra time.
Reply Up