Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>UPDATE on DCM That Lied to Me!
Angelwings36 07:58 PM 09-14-2011
So dcm emailed me today and informed me that the rash dcb had was viral! Great! Great! Great! I am so upset right now that she brought her child to daycare with a rash and never said a word to me. Then lied saying that she took him to the doctor when she did not! What do I do? I’m so pissed!!!!
cheerfuldom 07:05 AM 09-15-2011
you either remind her about your illness policy and make sure she understands that if she does not follow the rules, you will term

or you just term now if you are that upset and you feel that she was aware of all the rules and disregarded them anyway

I vote for the first.
Blackcat31 07:09 AM 09-15-2011
I agree with Cheeful, you either STERNLY remind her of your policies and require assurance that she fully understands that the next time she fails to tell you something so important, that you will term her immediately

OR you term now.

Only you can decide that since you know the depth of your relationship with this family and what kind of track record they have with you.

Good luck, FWIW~ I would be livid!!
sassysue 08:25 AM 09-15-2011
I would terminate! I have in my handbook that I reserve the right to terminate without notice if it affects the health and welfare of my family or other children in my care-THAT falls under the category.
Plus lying is just rude and I don't deal with liars,ever!
littlemissmuffet 12:15 PM 09-15-2011
If I catch a parent lying to me, I term on the spot. It's in contract and I will not hesitate or think twice... especially when you've put my other kids at risk!
MarinaVanessa 01:28 PM 09-15-2011
If you are thinking about giving her another chance then I would have a STERN talk to her and tell her that you were thinking about terming her. Call her out on all of her bull^%$#.

"Listen. I don't appreciate being lied to. You intentionally brought your child with a rash and so intentionally exposed the other children to a viral infection. How do you think their parents are going to react? I had decided to terminate you for your out right disrespect for the health and safety of myself, my family, the other children in the daycare and of their families but after careful consideration and a long discussion with my family I am inclined to let you stay. You are now on probation and will need to sign a probation agreement, now."

Then give her a letter to read and sign that says that she understands that she is on probation and that ONE more infraction, no matter how small is grounds for immediate termination. No picking up 5 minutes late. No paying one day late, nothing. Otherwise I would agree with the others and say that terminating is your better option.
Tags:contagious, illness policy, lie, terminate - sick policy
Reply Up