Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>freezer meals?
mamamanda 10:43 AM 07-07-2015
I'm thinking of doing freezer meals for the daycare. Anyone else do this? I was thinking meatloaf nuggets, chicken with rice & mixed veggies, baked spaghetti, whole grain English muffin pizzas, BBQ shredded chicken...i can make everything from scratch with whole grains, more veggies, etc. One cooking day for the month. I hope it works out. Any other suggestions for child friendly healthy freezable meals?
Thriftylady 10:44 AM 07-07-2015
I have love to hear how it works out! I do freezer crockpot meals sometimes, but you are looking to go way farther than I have.
momofboys 10:57 AM 07-07-2015
I do freezer meals for my own family. I shop loss leaders (meats on sale or marked down) & use them to make meals to freeze. We are going on vacation soon & we take a lot of our food with us. I froze a breakfast casserole, chicken enchiladas, million dollar spaghetti & taco meat ready to be warmed up for tacos. I LOVE the cookbook "Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer" because the meals are homemade & don't require processed foods like condensed soups. However, more recently I just adapt my own recipes to freeze and utilize a lot of help on Pinterest. Happy Cooking!
Rachel 06:13 AM 07-12-2015
I don't usually do whole meals, but I do use the freezer a lot. I'll do "dump chicken" and put it in the fridge the night before and teh crock pot the day of. Or I do bunches of meatballs or fried chicken cutlets and freeze on plates and put in freezer bags. Then I just need to quickly do the veggie (I cheat and almost always use frozen veggies) and a starch. Sometimes I do full meals, but usually I do the protein in advance and just fill in on the morning of.
Reply Up