Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Leigh 11:16 AM 03-08-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
DC parent arrives at normal scheduled time.
Drops off her two children.
Tells me if I need her, call her cell.
She won't be at work today as part of the "Day Without Women" stand she is taking to support gender equality.

This was our 3 minute conversation:

DCM: "It's important for others to understand what America would be like without women workers so taking a stand and not going into work today is a giant step in support of working women every where."

Me: "I am a woman and I am working today"

DCM: "Yeah, I'm talking about women in real jobs. Know what I mean?"

Me: "Nope."

I pushed the door shut.

Attached: YODA.jpg (63.2 KB) 
Blackcat31 11:20 AM 03-08-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
that's funny!
DaveA 11:50 AM 03-08-2017

Leigh- I'm stealing that pic

Blackcat- That would have ended badly with me.

I'm sure anything I would have said would have not ended well. Either that or I would have gone total smart alec and said I'm sure her husband will enjoy the peace and quiet today. My MIL was reading the paper this morning about it and made a comment about how it must be "nice" that DW went to work so I can "stay home". I just told her not to start. I stopped listening to MIL a long time ago, but if she says that around DW she'll go ballistic.
Unregistered 02:29 PM 03-08-2017
BC- wow i hope she apologized? & if she wasnt going to work today why did she bring her child? Never understood parents like that. Even if you still have to pay for the day, money shouldnt come before child...
Josiegirl 03:05 PM 03-08-2017
BC, how did you hold your tongue?? I couldn't have been nice at all. I hope at least when you pushed the door shut, you caught her toe or something in it??
If you didn't have your un-real job, what would she have done today??
MsLisa 07:19 AM 03-09-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
My neighbours kid is like this. She is 7 and is the most annoying child on the face of the earth. When you try to have a conversation with her she just looks at you blankly and then starts telling you all about how many hatchimals she has she is hopped up on anxiety and is completely deranged!! It sucks because they are the only kids on my street that a) go outside and b) are my kids ages.

Exactly! Like I said, never again. She asked me for 2 more days this month and i'm going to be "busy". Sad cause I actually liked this mom before this but it kind of changed my perspective on her now.
I nanny for a family of 3 boys and the youngest is 4yrs old. He's the complete opposite of it and the poor thing had to deal with this kid too for those 2 days. All they did was fight cause the 5yr old refused to stop bragging and correcting the 4yr old. The 4yr old is the kind of kid who would be ecstatic if you found a long lost bouncy ball or some plastic dollar store toy for him. THAT'S how a little kid should be to me.
Ariana 12:01 PM 03-09-2017
She won't be at work today as part of the "Day Without Women" stand she is taking to support gender equality.

DCM: "It's important for others to understand what America would be like without women workers so taking a stand and not going into work today is a giant step in support of working women every where."

I pushed the door shut.
The irony is she wouldn't have a job without you! You can't actually be a career woman AND a mom without another person (usually a woman) supporting you.

Pathetic human being
LysesKids 05:47 PM 03-09-2017
I have done everything Ring requested to try & get it working all day; not happening.... system was bought in June '16 & they refuse to replace. I called the CC company to dispute the charges... hell Ring will replace for free if stolen, but won't if attempted theft & damaged. Now I know for next time when I need motion/video
Pepperth 10:32 AM 03-10-2017

I pushed the door shut.
Oh my goodness. I'd like to think she apologied later, but she probably doesn't even realize what an idiotic sentiment that is.
Hunni Bee 06:18 AM 03-14-2017
I had three kiddos left yesterday evening and they did an excellent job has had helping to close the classroom. I rewarded with a small treat. One of the dcgs left the treat in her cubby.

Pretty Pretty Princess dcg sees and starts demanding to know where it came from. I told her why they had it.

She flounces up to me and loudly declares that next time I need to do it earlier so that she could get one.

"Well, I decide who and when to give treats and I usually give treats for POLITE and KIND behavior...so..."

ColorfulSunburst 04:51 AM 03-15-2017

I pushed the door shut.
Oh, DM, I hear you and your words help me to understand that I have to join the action IMMEDIATELY. . Because it's important for THE SOMEONE to understand what America would be like without women workers"
Blackcat31 05:59 AM 03-15-2017
Same DCM.....

......has had a pinched nerve since last Saturday. Her work will NOT allow her PTO (she can take time off unpaid) but work is not being all that understanding.... wonder if it has anything to do with the time off she took for another purpose?!

I have to admit, it IS kind of placating to chit chat with her at drop off/pick up while she winces in pain and tries to manage her kids.

I'd help more but then it might be misconstrued that I actually worked and I certainly don't want her to think I have a "real" job or anything like that.
daycarediva 07:55 AM 03-15-2017
I closed yesterday for weather, open today (about 1/2 the daycares in the area are open)

Had ONE family show up out of 5 that said they were coming. The FOUR that didn't show- only TWO let me know.

I DEFINITELY would have closed, as it's in my policies to only stay open with a minimum of 3 kids. BUT I didn't know about kids not coming until after this family was here, and they ARE working. So... UGH.

Of course, it's the most 'high maintenance' child to begin with. It's going to be a long day.
Miss A 10:04 AM 03-15-2017
Dear DCM-

It is awful to me when you leave your baby in the same outfit and bib they wore all day yesterday, slept in last night, and dropped off to daycare again this morning. It is dirty, and it hurts my heart to see that you have taken the time to do your hair and makeup, and your little one is still in dirty clothes.

I know you said you were tired when you got off at 6, after working 8 hours with scheduled breaks every 2 hours and a 30 minute lunch, but that isn't an excuse to use with me for not bathing your baby, who has "dirty baby" smell.

I, the lady you leave your kids with each day, work 11 hours a day, caring for 5 kids, and yet I manage to get my own baby in the tub each night, and into clean clothes and jammies each day.

It isn't hard, nor does it take a lot of effort to show your kids you love them and care for them by providing routine personal care.

Signed,
Your frustrated DCProvider
Play Care 03:23 AM 03-16-2017
My PT 1 year old's mom.

When they started, Dad dropped off at 8:00 and mom picked up at 4:30. Dad gets new job, plan was Grandma to drop off, mom to continue pick up. G'ma then had some health issues, which I accommodated (taking her on other days, allowing mom to drop off early - before my open time - but still pick up at 4:30 etc) Of course, health crisis passed a while ago, but child was still getting dropped off 10 minutes before opening and picked up at 4:30. All my other families leave by 4:00. So last week I emailed mom and reminded her of my contract. She could either pay the additional fee for early open, choose 4:00 pick up, or have G'ma drop off as originally planned, any of those options was fine with me. Mom chose the early pick up but said she didn't think "just" 10 minutes necessitated involving g'ma, or an additional fee.

Yesterday her school had a 2 hour delay, so she dropped off later. She assumed that she could pick up later since she dropped off later, without asking me. I had an appointment so I couldn't accommodate it. She showed a couple of minutes after 4. I had texted her at 4 asking if she was on her way. Later she replied that she thought she could pick up later since she didn't do early drop off.

I realize I have pretty sweet hours, so I hate to complain. But I am tired of people agreeing to something and then pulling this.
Pepperth 11:16 AM 03-16-2017
I'm so over winter. I feel like somebody in my house has been sick all winter. It started New Years Eve when my son had a stomach virus that went through the whole daycare over the course of a month. Then it was colds. In Febrary, my husband had strep, my little son had an ear infection and I had a sinus infections. Over the weekend, my older son was diagnose with strep. I was closed Monday for cleaning and sanitizing and to let his contagious period clear. Today my husband went back in and has strep (again or still, I'm not sure.) I'm not feeling 100%, but it feels like a cold. I'm really tired. I don't know. I've cleaned and disinfected everything so much.
Pestle 06:40 AM 03-17-2017
Dear mom who cuddles her 9mo to sleep for every nap:

You are ruining my life.

Okay, that's not true. You're just seriously impacting the quality of life for myself and every child in my care, including your own.
Missjaime 08:23 AM 03-17-2017
DCM - please stop sending your 2 year old in pull ups. She is not potty training. She poops, every morning, right after you drop her off. Pull ups do not contain the poop and are very difficult to change with poop in them. Every day. Stop it. Diapers are cheaper than pull ups. Invest in some.
CeriBear 05:15 PM 03-18-2017
MissJaime.

I agree that a child should not be in pull-ups if he/she is not potty training. It's one thing for a child to have an occasional poopy accident in pull-ups but if it happens everyday a child should still be in diapers. I've had to clean up poopy pull-up before and it was a total mess. The child had smeared it all over her clothes and her body.
lovemykidstoo 05:04 AM 03-20-2017
Mom of my 50 hour a week, wired kid comes in this morning with her cup of coffee. I'm thinking that's weird, she never walks in with an open cup of coffee. She takes his coat off and says watch this. She gives him the cup and he takes 3 huge drinks out of it. He's 2. I said, oh boy. I'll give him a whole cup right before he leaves. Why did she need to show that to me?
Miss A 07:46 AM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Missjaime:
DCM - please stop sending your 2 year old in pull ups. She is not potty training. She poops, every morning, right after you drop her off. Pull ups do not contain the poop and are very difficult to change with poop in them. Every day. Stop it. Diapers are cheaper than pull ups. Invest in some.
Yes!!! I have this same mom. Plus, it teaches the child absolutely nothing, because the child associates the pull up with a diaper instead of "big kid" potty training.
Miss A 07:49 AM 03-20-2017
Older child of the dirty family I vented about last week came in this AM with something wet down the front of her coat. I assumed it was juice from drinking from her cup in the car. Nope. DCM informed me that "she has been dealing with acid reflux", and the wet spot is in fact puke, and she didn't have time to find a clean coat.

Now, that coat has touched her car seat buckles, and countless other things. It is current in my washer on the heavy cycle. Ugh.
lovemykidstoo 07:56 AM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Older child of the dirty family I vented about last week came in this AM with something wet down the front of her coat. I assumed it was juice from drinking from her cup in the car. Nope. DCM informed me that "she has been dealing with acid reflux", and the wet spot is in fact puke, and she didn't have time to find a clean coat.

Now, that coat has touched her car seat buckles, and countless other things. It is current in my washer on the heavy cycle. Ugh.

That's so gross! I would have handed her a bag and said here you can put it in here and take it with you. Yuck!
Pestle 08:09 AM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
That's so gross! I would have handed her a bag and said here you can put it in here and take it with you. Yuck!
I would say, "That's too bad. She can come back 24 hours after she's been vomit-free."
childcaremom 08:26 AM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
I would say, "That's too bad. She can come back 24 hours after she's been vomit-free."

daycarediva 01:19 PM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
yes. EW!

Had a child delivered to me right from a red eye flight with vomit in her hair and on her clothing. She gets motion sickness.

UM. NO. She went right back out the door.
MsLisa 05:20 AM 03-21-2017
Watching only 1 out of the 3 boys for a mere hour, most spent traveling in my car, is not worth my time!

This was to be a 2-7 Mon-Fri after school Nanny job, which was great. The boys are wonderful & the parents worked 10-7. But once again the "schedule changed" and the Dad is home by 3, which I was told he would "run errands till 5" so that it wouldn't just leave me with nothing. But no. By the time I've picked up the littlest, picked up the house, played with him, pick up my own and have returned with them both, he's there waiting. WTH is the point of having me then!!!
Blackcat31 05:26 AM 03-21-2017
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
Watching only 1 out of the 3 boys for a mere hour, most spent traveling in my car, is not worth my time!

This was to be a 2-7 Mon-Fri after school Nanny job, which was great. The boys are wonderful & the parents worked 10-7. But once again the "schedule changed" and the Dad is home by 3, which I was told he would "run errands till 5" so that it wouldn't just leave me with nothing. But no. By the time I've picked up the littlest, picked up the house, played with him, pick up my own and have returned with them both, he's there waiting. WTH is the point of having me then!!!
In cases like that, I'd have a min. # of hours that you are paid for regardless of how little they need you.

I would not be happy with the schedule changes either and I see no reason why you can't have policies that say families need to give you 2 weeks notice of any changes in hours etc.

I would also consider that min. I wouldn't leave my house for less than 3 or 4 hours in order to make it worth your time.

Sorry you are struggling to find a decent family to work with.

MsLisa 06:21 AM 03-21-2017
In cases like that, I'd have a min. # of hours that you are paid for regardless of how little they need you.

I would not be happy with the schedule changes either and I see no reason why you can't have policies that say families need to give you 2 weeks notice of any changes in hours etc.

I would also consider that min. I wouldn't leave my house for less than 3 or 4 hours in order to make it worth your time.

Thank you Blackcat! Always with the wise words.

Like everybody does at one point, we try something and then learn our lessons as we go. I WILL absolutely put that advice into effect from this point out. I charge so little due to this area the way it is. Ugh! One day may we all get it right!

They say its only for this month and they should be back to 10-7, but it changes back the next month at this point. The kids hate it as well cause we've bonded over these short months.
Leigh 07:39 AM 03-21-2017

I totally agree. If I book a sitter or a sub for daycare and end up cancelling, I still pay them the entire amount for the time that I booked them for because it is the right thing to do. There's nothing wrong with expecting payment for blocking off that time for them whether they use it or not.
Kimskiddos 07:06 AM 03-24-2017
Nearly 3yo is already behind a bit developmentally, we've discussed it before Mom. So when I tell you yesterday at pick up that we have been actively working on getting our shoes on by ourselves (I've had her taking off her own shoes for months), what does Mom do? Well of course she send girl in today in her most challenging shoes! Why?!!

I had a chat with dad about it this morning at drop off and I guess I will have to chat with this mom AGAIN today at pick up.
Unregistered 01:30 PM 03-24-2017
I am so sick of this dcb bringing in all this bacteria and getting me sick! Everytime he has a diarrhea diaper, i wake up the next day vomiting or a very very bad stomach. Ugh!
Why cant he stay healthy?! Swear it happens every couple of months.
Mike 01:50 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am so sick of this dcb bringing in all this bacteria and getting me sick! Everytime he has a diarrhea diaper, i wake up the next day vomiting or a very very bad stomach. Ugh!
Why cant he stay healthy?! Swear it happens every couple of months.
They should be at home when they have diarrhea.
Unregistered 07:46 AM 03-29-2017
2 kids had stomach flu yesterday and i go on vacation next week. Help!
Snowmom 12:12 PM 03-29-2017
2 kids had stomach flu yesterday and i go on vacation next week. Help!
Start drinking some grape juice!!
Unregistered 12:51 PM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Start drinking some grape juice!!
That really helps? Hmm
cheye827 01:32 PM 03-29-2017
My SIL and I have had a lot of complaints on our prices. We were charging $20 a day. We provide everything besides diapers and wipes. We were also going to add in a preschool program. We've decided on doing a free program online. ( None of the parents wanted to pay for it). So now we have raised our rates to $130 a week, part time is $30 a day. This still includes everything but diapers and wipes. We state in our contract that if a child misses a scheduled day, the payment is still due. We also had in our contract that we had one week paid vacations, but took that out of our contract at parent request. Now they have a problem with paying us for days their kids are scheduled to be here, but don't show. We have also had parents bring drop-ins last minute or have their kid here on a day they aren't supposed to be and want to pay us $20. Now we have a lot of parents who are keeping their kids here 7a-6p.. and we are still only charging $20 a day. We aren't really sure what to do and how to go about this. We can't keep having these kids for 10 1/2-11 hours a day. Does anyone have advise on how we should go about this? They are literally trying to get their "pennies" worth, and that is not fair to the both of us nor our families.
Snowmom 02:01 PM 03-29-2017
That really helps? Hmm
I haven't had the flu in a long time (knock on wood), so I can't testify from personal experience. But I have friends swear by it. But they say that you need to do it the moment someone in your household shows signs of the flu and drinks LOTS.

Even if it's a placebo effect...I'd still do it!
Snowmom 02:09 PM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by cheye827:
My SIL and I have had a lot of complaints on our prices. We were charging $20 a day. We provide everything besides diapers and wipes. We were also going to add in a preschool program. We've decided on doing a free program online. ( None of the parents wanted to pay for it) Why do they have a choice?. So now we have raised our rates to $130 a week, part time is $30 a day. This still includes everything but diapers and wipes. We state in our contract that if a child misses a scheduled day, the payment is still due. We also had in our contract that we had one week paid vacations, but took that out of our contract at parent request. Why are you giving them that power? Now they have a problem with paying us for days their kids are scheduled to be here, but don't show. Refuse them! We have also had parents bring drop-ins last minute or have their kid here on a day they aren't supposed to be and want to pay us $20. They don't get to decide..you do! Now we have a lot of parents who are keeping their kids here 7a-6p.. and we are still only charging $20 a day. Charge them your published rates or give them the boot We aren't really sure what to do and how to go about this. We can't keep having these kids for 10 1/2-11 hours a day. Does anyone have advise on how we should go about this? They are literally trying to get their "pennies" worth, and that is not fair to the both of us nor our families.
You just do it.
You say "No, it doesn't work that way", "Your contracts says X". The moment you cave and let them call the shots they are in charge and your rules mean nothing to them because they know you won't follow through.
Unregistered 04:21 PM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by cheye827:
My SIL and I have had a lot of complaints on our prices. We were charging $20 a day. We provide everything besides diapers and wipes. We were also going to add in a preschool program. We've decided on doing a free program online. ( None of the parents wanted to pay for it). So now we have raised our rates to $130 a week, part time is $30 a day. This still includes everything but diapers and wipes. We state in our contract that if a child misses a scheduled day, the payment is still due. We also had in our contract that we had one week paid vacations, but took that out of our contract at parent request. Now they have a problem with paying us for days their kids are scheduled to be here, but don't show. We have also had parents bring drop-ins last minute or have their kid here on a day they aren't supposed to be and want to pay us $20. Now we have a lot of parents who are keeping their kids here 7a-6p.. and we are still only charging $20 a day. We aren't really sure what to do and how to go about this. We can't keep having these kids for 10 1/2-11 hours a day. Does anyone have advise on how we should go about this? They are literally trying to get their "pennies" worth, and that is not fair to the both of us nor our families.
Then you have the wrong families and need to take your business back. I charge more than other providers and I only offer part time (2 days a week 8-3). I take paid holidays, week long breaks, and personal days. Families that come to the interview and question my fee and closures I do not enroll. I don't even offer them my application because I know if I enroll them they will give me problems later on. I only enroll families that agree to my terms and if a family doesn't work with me I term. Any time I need to change a policy in my program I am required to give at least 30 days notice and I tell families I understand if they need to leave because my new policy doesn't work for them. Our job is hard as it is why make it harder by dealing with unnecessary complaints from parents. If they are not happy they can leave. Why should you and your sil be the ones making concessions when it is your business.
Josiegirl 09:47 AM 04-10-2017
Poor little baby. Dcd drops off this a.m. and I speak with him a few minutes to see how his dds are doing. Fine, good, both have runny noses, colds, no biggie because last week and this week seem to be cold week again. Then dcm calls him while they're here and hearing his conversation he tells her he got called into work, and yes, he gave baby tylenol this morning just to make her feel better. Ok, I've done that before when my own were little. Could be true. So dcd leaves and another family comes in with 2 dds right behind them so I talk with them. When I put baby in her high chair for breakfast, you can just tell by her eyes that she's not up to par, and feeling her forehead makes me get the thermometer. Her temp is 101-102 depending on which ear I'm using. I text mom right away and tell her. She comes within 15 minutes but it really made me angry. Especially with a baby!!! She coughed once but it sounded croupy, hoarse. Evidently she ran a fever yesterday too. Maybe it's because dcd isn't really aware of my policies(most dads seem to be disconnected that way leave it to the mom type of thing) but dcm knows!! My policy states they need to be fever free for 24 hours without medication to be readmitted. I felt so bad for the baby, she was cranky and clearly wasn't feeling well.
Josiegirl 02:13 AM 04-11-2017
Update to my sick dcbaby. Dcm sent me a text around 2 yesterday, they'd been in the ER since 9:30 and run all kinds of tests. All they could find was electrolytes were off so she could have been dehydrated. And dcm thought they'd be spending the night in the hospital. Grandma picked up the sister and they were headed up to see dcm and baby, which was at 4:30 so I'm assuming she did stay the night. Poor sweet lil baby.
daycarediva 11:02 AM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Update to my sick dcbaby. Dcm sent me a text around 2 yesterday, they'd been in the ER since 9:30 and run all kinds of tests. All they could find was electrolytes were off so she could have been dehydrated. And dcm thought they'd be spending the night in the hospital. Grandma picked up the sister and they were headed up to see dcm and baby, which was at 4:30 so I'm assuming she did stay the night. Poor sweet lil baby.
Poor baby!!!
LostMyMarbles 11:28 AM 04-12-2017
Parents who lie upon drop off about ill children just piss me off!

Mom:I didn't know his nose was running
Me......realllllly? Cause those white marks on the sleeve of his navy long sleeve shirt are dried snot marks. How could you not know. Seriously that stuff draining from his nose onto his lip and in his mouth is not anything good. Its snot!
Play Care 05:48 AM 04-17-2017
First day of Spring break and my one family comes in shorts and t-shirts. High is only supposed to be 60 (it was 80 yesterday) Of course they are freezing and they don't have any long pants or sweat shirts
Josiegirl 10:15 AM 04-17-2017
I had a definite Calgon Take Me Away Moment while trying to serve lunch today. SA dcks are here this week and I have a 6 yo dcg who runs to me with every single little issue someone is raising with her. Nothing is fair, nobody's treating her right, nobody likes her, I want this, need that, omg....The baby was cranky this a.m. which is out of the norm for this lil sweetheart so she was sitting in her high chair. I was trying to cut everybody's pork chops up and 6 yo keeps hounding me about the injustice of life towards her in general. I had asked her to sit down and wait a minute a couple of times.Then as I cut the meat on one plate, it falls right off the shelf, applesauce, peas, it all rolls everywhere. I looked at that little girl and told her through gritted teeth that I did NOT want to hear anymore and she was to go sit down that very second.
I felt bad that I lost it but dang, many kids would have a clue, ya know??? I know kids are extremely self-centered and it's all about them. But this little girl??? IT IS ALL ABOUT HER
Febby 12:28 PM 04-17-2017
Parent of a child who is NOT in my class picks up during nap and then bring her into my room because "she wants a marshmallow." I do not have marshmallows. Dad had to tell me that three times before he figured out that I do not have marshmallows.

Not looking forward to when that one moves up into my room.
Leigh 12:51 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Febby:
Parent of a child who is NOT in my class picks up during nap and then bring her into my room because "she wants a marshmallow." I do not have marshmallows. Dad had to tell me that three times before he figured out that I do not have marshmallows.

Not looking forward to when that one moves up into my room.
Ugh. Stop at the grocery store on the way home and get her marshmallows, then! Why is it YOUR problem? I wouldn't be looking forward to that coming to your room, either!
Kajada 10:42 AM 04-18-2017
Ouf. Anyone else having a tough day? Feels like I can't do anything right. No one wants or likes the food/games/toys/crafts today. And my own kids are especially challenging, which doesn't help at all. Is it 5pm yet?? I'm already dreaming of the weekend. I have to keep reminding myself that I love these kids (I really do love them, so much!).
daycarediva 01:53 PM 04-18-2017
OH MY WORD DRESS YOUR CHILD FOR THE WEATHER.

Yup, it was 80 this weekend. It's 50 and windy now. Shorts and sandals (which I don't even ALLOW) aren't appropriate. Meanwhile, parent is in pants, wearing a coat.

Different parent tells the kid that since I had a nice long weekend I will have all of our summer things out. Um, kid is screaming coming in because NO I did not work all weekend and NO it's not warm enough for water play. WHAT!?
Josiegirl 02:33 PM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by Kajada:
Ouf. Anyone else having a tough day? Feels like I can't do anything right. No one wants or likes the food/games/toys/crafts today. And my own kids are especially challenging, which doesn't help at all. Is it 5pm yet?? I'm already dreaming of the weekend. I have to keep reminding myself that I love these kids (I really do love them, so much!).
My day went well until 6 yo dcg arrives at 12:30 from a friend's birthday party. She was only here 3 hrs. today but felt like 10.
LysesKids 02:40 PM 04-18-2017
Hope you don't enjoy the Trip to Bejing that you purchased with all the $$ I had left to pay bills & buy food with for the month (not to mention wiping out the overage back up)...
Leigh 03:09 PM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Hope you don't enjoy the Trip to Bejing that you purchased with all the $$ I had left to pay bills & buy food with for the month (not to mention wiping out the overage back up)...
whaaaaat?!
Mike 03:25 PM 04-18-2017

What happened?
LysesKids 06:48 PM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
whaaaaat?!
Yeah someone got a hold of my account number & totally wiped me out (over 2000). They purchased airline tickets to Bejing thru Expedia ... essentially bank has to investigate because I have no clue about the purchase other than it shows up under American Airlines & it totally wiped everything I had for the month (plus the 400 back up for over limit)... what's worse is I had just payed the tax bill to IRS off the account this morning & they closed my account before payment posted. I get paid monthly & this was the the $$ for 2nd half of the month including groceries for childcare
Josiegirl 02:56 AM 04-19-2017
Yeah someone got a hold of my account number & totally wiped me out (over 2000). They purchased airline tickets to Bejing thru Expedia ... essentially bank has to investigate because I have no clue about the purchase other than it shows up under American Airlines & it totally wiped everything I had for the month (plus the 400 back up for over limit)... what's worse is I had just payed the tax bill to IRS off the account this morning & they closed my account before payment posted. I get paid monthly & this was the the $$ for 2nd half of the month including groceries for childcare
OH NO!!!! I'm sorry to hear that!! Do you have any clue whatsoever how they got hold of your account number? I hope the bank can figure it out soon. I HATE that there are crooks who do that type of thing.
Blackcat31 05:48 AM 04-19-2017
Oh my goodness! That is horrible!

I hope the bank is able to get your funds back and is able to find the hackers. I love the ease technology has provided in many aspects but at the same time it sucks too!

Hoping you will be ok!
LysesKids 06:24 AM 04-19-2017
Oh my goodness! That is horrible!

I hope the bank is able to get your funds back and is able to find the hackers. I love the ease technology has provided in many aspects but at the same time it sucks too!

Hoping you will be ok!
Well we know they had my name & phone # also - we are looking at ID theft (I have all my cards on me, they weren't stolen) so I had to call the Credit cards companies & have re-issued because someone tried to charge a small purchase on one early this morning, a fraud alert has been placed with credit agencies, police report filed etc etc (it's been a 24 hr nightmare).

Right now I have no way to pay anything because everything got closed. Really didn't leave me an option after a CC got hit. Now I have to wait for new CC's to be sent and in the meantime we are eating down the cabinets because it's my only food besides what I had stocked in fridge. Thankful I keep a minimum week stashed just in case
Claraskids 07:18 AM 04-19-2017
Essential oils!!!
It has its own section in the parent handbook. Covered during interview. All parents know essential oils are a big no-no in my daycare! They are one of the top three triggers of my migraines; and I don't want to take the risk of what kind of reactions they may cause in the dc infants.
Today's new drop-in reeks of oils. I have every window open even though its only 50 degrees outside. Major discussion happening with mom at pickup. I know its on his body because his supply bag smells clean as do his clothes. Could be his last day.
LysesKids 07:39 AM 04-19-2017
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
Essential oils!!!
It has its own section in the parent handbook. Covered during interview. All parents know essential oils are a big no-no in my daycare! They are one of the top three triggers of my migraines; and I don't want to take the risk of what kind of reactions they may cause in the dc infants.
Today's new drop-in reeks of oils. I have every window open even though its only 50 degrees outside. Major discussion happening with mom at pickup. I know its on his body because his supply bag smells clean as do his clothes. Could be his last day.
Yeah, I've had that talk with a few families... sorry you are dealing with this, but health trumps a parent wanting to smell pretty.
Mike 10:03 AM 04-19-2017
I hope there's some kind of coverage for that and you get the money back. In the meantime, I can see how it's going to be very tough. I hope it all gets taken care of and fixed soon.
sharlan 09:12 AM 04-20-2017
Should be easy to track since they have all of the flight info. When I bought my adult kids plane tickets I had to go to the airport with them and show my id and credit card.
sharlan 09:22 AM 04-20-2017
Well we know they had my name & phone # also - we are looking at ID theft (I have all my cards on me, they weren't stolen) so I had to call the Credit cards companies & have re-issued because someone tried to charge a small purchase on one early this morning, a fraud alert has been placed with credit agencies, police report filed etc etc (it's been a 24 hr nightmare).

Right now I have no way to pay anything because everything got closed. Really didn't leave me an option after a CC got hit. Now I have to wait for new CC's to be sent and in the meantime we are eating down the cabinets because it's my only food besides what I had stocked in fridge. Thankful I keep a minimum week stashed just in case
I hope your bank straightens it out soon.

I've had my ATM card compromised twice​ now. The first time they ordered clothes and shoes from various online stores and movie tickets. PayPal offered to give the police the address where the clothes were being sent locally Police never contacted PayPal.

Second time I had a bunch of little charges for a gift shop, an attorney, and a hotel - all in LONDON.
DaycareDays126 07:53 AM 04-21-2017
How is it that it's always the SAME KID getting hurt??? I swear I can't make it through a week without this child getting hurt! Today, she was running around, (after she had already been put in "the quiet spot" to calm down since she had already been told to stop running several times) fell down face first, and now has a HUGE fat lip! Mom doesn't ever seem angry when she is injured but, geeze, I get so nervous that eventually she will think I'm running a baby fight club or something! 😫 Thank god I'm on vacation next week!
Pepperth 08:13 AM 04-21-2017
And my son has strep throat AGAIN. Third time in the last two months. At least its my older child who can stay away from the daycare children, but I really don't want another round of illness to go through the daycare. Its a never ending cycle his year.
EntropyControlSpecialist 11:42 AM 04-24-2017
This pregnancy is effecting my ability to let things roll off my back after dealing with bad behaviors.

Sometimes I just stare at the children who are being directly disobedient for a minute before correcting the behavior because I'm baffled and irritated that they are doing something they know they shouldn't be doing again (and that thing is corrected every single day). C'mon 4-year-olds.
Sahmmie 02:14 PM 04-24-2017
I really hate when parents refer to me as "daycare" or "daycare lady." Is that a step up or a step below "cat lady?" Come on people, I have a NAME!
LysesKids 06:04 PM 04-24-2017
Originally Posted by Sahmmie:
I really hate when parents refer to me as "daycare" or "daycare lady." Is that a step up or a step below "cat lady?" Come on people, I have a NAME!
See where I live we have nicknames for everyone's house... I'm Daycare, Nurses station is behind me, Homeland lives catty corner... you get the idea. Our names are based by occupation or quirk lol. Everyone is so friendly here in the community, but my daycare families refer to me as Grandma or Nana (even the babies once they start talking)
Cat Herder 09:38 AM 04-26-2017
Karate for toddlers. 2 year olds who are also enrolled in full time group daycare.

Who is the @$$#%$@! that thought this business model would be a good idea?

* Playmats now rolled up and gone for the rest of the week. 1st, and only, warning given.*

Hope the parents really think on this because losing their daycare slot due to modeling violent behaviors for fun may not be their best parenting choice.

Karate is awesome when it is taught in an age appropriate manner. If your kid is throat punching people unprovoked at 2, you are doing it wrong.

That is all.
hwichlaz 03:42 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Karate for toddlers. 2 year olds who are also enrolled in full time group daycare.

Who is the @$$#%$@! that thought this business model would be a good idea?

* Playmats now rolled up and gone for the rest of the week. 1st, and only, warning given.*

Hope the parents really think on this because losing their daycare slot due to modeling violent behaviors for fun may not be their best parenting choice.

Karate is awesome when it is taught in an age appropriate manner. If your kid is throat punching people unprovoked at 2, you are doing it wrong.

That is all.
Mine aren't in karate....but they are obsessed with Power Rangers, which are NOT allowed her. I'm about to teach them to write sentences as punishments... I will NOT kick people in the stomach........100 times.

j/k, but I wish.
childcaremom 01:42 PM 04-27-2017
No, I don't believe that your child miraculously got rid of her fever at 7:30 am yesterday when you told me she would be out for the day at 7 am ...... however.

Her first bm smelled of meds.
Her second bm was borderline diarrhea.
She did not nap.
Her temp was 99.7.
You picked up as soon as school was out (45 mins early).

You aren't as clever as you think you are. You, my dear friend, are on the chopping block.

Chop. Chop chop.
Controlled Chaos 09:50 AM 04-28-2017
Snow
happymom 11:25 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Snow
Yes.

And my daycare center is SO FULL OF ADULT DRAMA!

I pick up my 5 year old and he has claw marks on his cheeks. His story: a girl scratched him on the playground under the supervision of a new teacher (he doesn't know her name, and she didn't know his either )

I noticed just after we left the building so I went back inside and asked the new teacher about it. Clueless. Not a huge deal, I am an understanding person. I mostly figured she needed to write an ouch report (I know their standard protocol) but she didn't mention an ouch report and denied knowing what happened to him, so I just left.

Assistant director was at the front desk with a potential client (but made eye contact with me and knew what was going on)...well, this new teacher TOLD HER IT HAPPENED UNDER MY SON'S REGULAR TEACHERS WATCH. Which I know to not be true. His regular teacher got in trouble for not doing an ouch report......when she had already gone home for the day. ARGGHhh, anyway everything is straightened out, but I am not happy that the new teacher threw his teacher under the bus.

That's all.
Blackcat31 12:51 PM 04-28-2017
Snow

We've been under a winter storm watch, warning for days now. The sun is finally out but it's still only 30F outside....
Between Sunday afternoon and Tuesday morning we are suppose to get 3-8 inches of snow.

We just bought a boat! This is ridiculous...even for northern MN.
Attached: 17155282_1600517359961806_3191531115304768378_n.jpg (72.0 KB) 
happymom 01:36 PM 04-28-2017
A boat!!! How fun! Congratulations!
Controlled Chaos 02:03 PM 04-28-2017

We've been under a winter storm watch, warning for days now. The sun is finally out but it's still only 30F outside....
Between Sunday afternoon and Tuesday morning we are suppose to get 3-8 inches of snow.

We just bought a boat! This is ridiculous...even for northern MN.
Congrats on the boat! Normally I am a pretty good sport about long cold spring/winters but I am supposed to run a 5k with our PFCCA tomorrow and I will have my 5 and 7 year old with me. It's my first activity with them as a board member so I don't feel like I can skip it.
happymom 02:46 PM 04-28-2017
Congrats on the boat! Normally I am a pretty good sport about long cold spring/winters but I am supposed to run a 5k with our PFCCA tomorrow and I will have my 5 and 7 year old with me. It's my first activity with them as a board member so I don't feel like I can skip it.
If it's any consolation, running in the snow (not so much rain) is my FAVORITE. I was a runner before I had kids and winter/snow was my favorite weather to run in.
Pepperth 06:43 AM 05-01-2017
DCB is grinding his teeth nonstop this morning. It is driving me absolutely batty.
MyAngels 07:49 PM 05-01-2017
I've got a repeater - everything I say, he repeats back the last couple of words as a question. Me: I'm making lunch. Little Re-Pete: Making lunch? Me: I'm getting a headache. Little Re-Pete: Getting a headache?

All. Day. Long.

Ugh.
finsup 09:55 AM 05-05-2017
Over coddled, whiny, 4 year olds and the parents that enable them.

That is all. TGIF.
BumbleBee 10:59 AM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by finsup:

That is all. TGIF.
Same problem here, only it's my 5 year olds who are going to Kindergarten next year. Drives me nuts!
Unregistered 11:41 PM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by finsup:

That is all. TGIF.
Yes, and I second the poster who said it was the soon to be kindergartners. One at my center comes in every morning with her blanket and a sippy cup (valve style) of milk. At 5 years old.
But their favorite thing to do is correct me. Or try to I mean. "Teacher you forgot to do the calendar." two minutes into circle time. Or it's announcing that someone didn't show their show and tell toy, except that they did.
kidcrazednluvingit 11:03 AM 05-09-2017
ANNOYING!!!!

I noticed one of my 2 year old dck go over to my neighbors house and stare in her window as dad stood by and watched. When I asked what age was doing he said she does it every day at drop off to look for their cat! when I implied maybe she wouldn't want them looking in her windows he seemed insulted and said " I don't know why anyone would have a problem with a 2 year old looking in their window!"... ummmm... yeah. Because she's magic.

Just because I love kids and choose to open an in HOME daycare doesn't mean

A) I want my living room carpet to turn into an oversized puppy pad for small humans
B) I think it's "cute" when your 2yo "picks her own outfit" everyday and you force me to praise her for it each morning, and then mention the practical/weather appropriate outfit is in her bag for me to change her into after you leave.
C) like how your 4yo "shoots" and punchs at me all day long because of his "adorable" ps4 bond with Dad.
D) feel the need to manage the daily coming, going, and in general GPS location of "blankie, bear, amber teething necklace, princess undies, hair clippies, and sparkle shoes" that she will NEVER MISS IF YOU JUST LEAVE THEM AT HOME...

I love your kids, but the truth is.. yes- their poop stinks too. Sorry parents.
Unregistered 05:40 AM 05-10-2017
Oh the window thing would bother me too. I would hate for a child to be looking into my window everyday. Its a private area, I mean what if there was a man in there walking around naked, you would really want your child seeing that? Lol
Cat Herder 05:14 AM 05-11-2017
I missed an expired immunization form. Two days past!

DCD can't get in to the peds office until 1pm, today. They wont fax since DCK is due a shot.

So now I sit feeling exposed, guilty and looking out the window fully expecting an unannounced visit.

1. I am worried I am "slipping". 2. I am mad at me because it is my fault. 3. I am irritated that something like an expired form can negate all the positive things I do here in my ratings.

Ugh, such is daycare life.
Blackcat31 06:53 AM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I missed an expired immunization form. Two days past!

DCD can't get in to the peds office until 1pm, today. They wont fax since DCK is due a shot.

So now I sit feeling exposed, guilty and looking out the window fully expecting an unannounced visit.

1. I am worried I am "slipping". 2. I am mad at me because it is my fault. 3. I am irritated that something like an expired form can negate all the positive things I do here in my ratings.

Ugh, such is daycare life.
You are not slipping. The lists are just growing longer so the mental check lists and the physical check lists are becoming overwhelming.

Does your state require imms? I am required to have updated immunization records as well but not having an updated one within a reasonable time frame is acceptable and not something we are cited for.

Now if an immunization was over due 90 or more days, I would probably be cited for it but a few days, even a week or two isn't huge as getting time off work and getting into the clinic is tough so that is accounted for.
BumbleBee 10:35 AM 05-11-2017
18 month old dcg picked at her lunch today. Guess who is raising hell during nap time because she's now hungry.
hottie8962 01:01 PM 05-11-2017
Going on vacation out of town today and ever single parent forgot and text me telling me what time there kids would be here today .No sorry I'm going out of town today .it happens every time even though they had months and months notice and reminders.
Controlled Chaos 07:54 AM 05-12-2017
Daycare parent: my child has a pocket full of quarters so they will behave!
Me: ummm ok
Child: I ate one yesterday!
Me: nope! Quarters can't stay!
Parent: really?

Yes really!!!!!

Same family after parent leaves
Me: your cough sounds better! How are you feeling?
Child: yep! I drank alllllll the cough syrup.

Nope. This drop in is not happening. I'm so done.
Snowmom 08:43 AM 05-12-2017
It was a full moon last night.

I think all my kids were out "werewolving" last night.

I can't even get them off the floor to go to the park.
Attached: sleepies.jpg (662.7 KB) 
daycarediva 10:07 AM 05-12-2017
WHY do parents expect ME to throw the child a BIRTHDAY PARTY!?

We have a treat after PM snack, right before they go home, and we sing. The child gets a crown and they pick our stories. THE END.
LysesKids 06:03 PM 05-16-2017
my ad specifically states my openings aren't until June 1st (or 2nd spot) mid July at the earliest; when you read my website & called me last week, did I not say again that the 1st opening is June 1 at earliest? You did the meet & greet this evening & asked to start next Wednesday... ummm not happening because I have 5 days off starting a week from Friday & the child you are replacing is here until May 31.

You didn't sign, but I don't think I want you knowing you pulled the same stunt @ another childcare home a few days ago (don't tell me stuff that will give your MO away)... new to my state, doesn't need care until such & such, but suddenly needs it less than a week after being told no opening until a certain date. Can we say wants to control the situation?
Blackcat31 06:54 AM 05-18-2017

Just curious if you were able to recoup your funds?

Originally Posted by happymom:
A boat!!! How fun! Congratulations!
Thank you! We are super excited! It's not the first boat or only boat we own but it's one of those older ones from the 50ies with wings, like the old cars and my DH is looking forward to restoring it!

.....Now if it would only stop raining long enough to use it....

How did the 5K go?
Hoping it was successful and you did great!?!
I couldn't do it....
LysesKids 10:13 AM 05-18-2017
Just curious if you were able to recoup your funds?

Thank you! We are super excited! It's not the first boat or only boat we own but it's one of those older ones from the 50ies with wings, like the old cars and my DH is looking forward to restoring it!

.....Now if it would only stop raining long enough to use it....

How did the 5K go?
Hoping it was successful and you did great!?!
I couldn't do it....
YES... it took awhile for the funds to come back - it took longer to get all the replacement cards. This is why I keep $100-200 of mad $$ in the lockbox. It covered emergency stuff & my daycare families paid a few days early to make sure bills got paid on time
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 09:11 AM 05-20-2017
Had an interview scheduled for last Tuesday, ended up no call no show. Woke this morning to a message stating they'd like to enroll and start Monday. I do not understand how parents are so prepared to leave thier children with someone they've never met! I'm annoyed from the DC business side, but my heart aches for this child. I hope they find someone trustworthy and not just the first convenient person. I just can't imagine dropping my kids with someone I'd never met and hoping it was ok.
Leigh 02:00 PM 06-07-2017
My day started out so well. I have only 3 daycare kids here today, plus my son and one of his friends. 10 totes of groceries arrived a bit ago, and things have gone South. I have one overindulged, no-cry 3 year old who has been in a screaming, wailing tantrum for 25 minutes because she didn't get the first apple at snack time (picture insane, snot dripping, gasping tantrum). Now, another kid comes and tells me he just had diarrhea. And he did. Ick. I have 45 minutes to get this place put back in order, get supper started and laundry going because I told my husband that we would do yard work together tonight. I don't want to Wednesday anymore.
Josiegirl 10:33 AM 06-12-2017
Venting about our own body's needs to do personal business coinciding with arrival of dcps. TMI

My stomach started feeling crampy when parents were expected this a.m. and I didn't want to get caught in the bathroom as they were coming in the door. So I figured I could wait till they'd arrived and gone again. Well, course I ended up waiting and waiting so by the time they left I was in agony. I'm sure one of the dcms thought I was about ready to keel over.

Well, as one of my former little dcbs used to say "Life is life". So glad that doesn't happen too often.
Annalee 06:36 AM 06-13-2017
At pickup yesterday a dcg1 had a bad diaper so I told the mom to watch that before bringing in the morning cause it was a little virus smelling. Well, she comes at 7 this morning and says the evening was fine with NO bad diapers....and I call her by 7:30 to come back and get her because she did it again.....and further explained not to bring her back tomorrow nor until she is 24-hr diarrhea free without meds. She was clearly irritated...but this is her ballgame and she played it wrong!
Blackcat31 07:07 AM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Annalee:
At pickup yesterday a dcg1 had a bad diaper so I told the mom to watch that before bringing in the morning cause it was a little virus smelling. Well, she comes at 7 this morning and says the evening was fine with NO bad diapers....and I call her by 7:30 to come back and get her because she did it again.....and further explained not to bring her back tomorrow nor until she is 24-hr diarrhea free without meds. She was clearly irritated...but this is her ballgame and she played it wrong!
Good grief! I can not get over the things parents try to slip by us! This is where you should really do the 24/48 thing...it would have bitten mom in the butt big time and perhaps inspired her to be THE PARENT and make the right call.

Here's hoping the child wasn't with you long enough to give whatever they have to you.
Miss A 07:39 AM 06-14-2017
Almost 3 year old is "potty training", but can not get his own pants off, pull up off, or get onto the toilet himself. Nope, not potty training, DCM.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46  ... Last
Reply Up