Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>LOVE my Food Program Lady!!
Josiegirl 02:58 PM 03-16-2017
She came today and is so easy to talk to She used to be a provider herself so is very understanding about all the 'crap' we go through We talked about all the new regs. and she said so much of it is BS.
Then she asked if I was going onto KidKare soon and I said no, and I was thinking of dropping the food program because of it. She ended up guiding me to KK and showing me how easy it is to use. I said 'yeh, but I've heard people have lots of problems with it.' She said they've worked some of the kinks out and since I would only be using it for submitting my claims, I shouldn't have any problem with it.
Then we just shot the breeze for another 20 minutes. It's so nice to have an adult from the dc world who is reasonable, friendly, understanding and not someone who makes me shudder with fear when I see their face in the front window.
Cat Herder 04:48 PM 03-16-2017
That is awesome to hear.
Baby Beluga 05:28 PM 03-16-2017
I agree, it is awesome! Sounds like you have a gem
daycare 05:38 PM 03-16-2017
Want to trade. My kids really really dislike mine, and I can't say I'm a fan either.
You hit the jackpot there.
Missjaime 05:49 PM 03-16-2017
I really like mine too. She's funny and kind and its nice to have an adult visitor who understands that sometimes kids are nuts!
Rockgirl 06:32 PM 03-16-2017
I love mine! I'm actually happy to see her when she shows up. I've had the same rep for 13 years--we've gotten to know each other!
lovemydaycare0912 09:17 PM 03-16-2017
That's awesome! I love mine too. She is actually a current home daycare provider as well so she definitely gets it.
Josiegirl 04:05 AM 03-17-2017
She's also the first one 'in the know' that says Oh yeh, the state IS pushing home care out because of the millions and millions of dollars of funding at stake. Everyone else within the system, when we've mentioned we feel like the state is trying to eradicate family child care completely, they're like ohnononono, you have it all wrong. I call bullcrap.
Blackcat31 06:38 AM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
She's also the first one 'in the know' that says Oh yeh, the state IS pushing home care out because of the millions and millions of dollars of funding at stake. Everyone else within the system, when we've mentioned we feel like the state is trying to eradicate family child care completely, they're like ohnononono, you have it all wrong. I call bullcrap.
She sees it because she was a provider.

I think that is where the divide is... every one at the state level has never worked in the field so their concept of changes in this business aren't the same as our views.

My food rep is awesome too! I used to have a horrid one but found a fantastic one a few years ago and love her!

On a side note, I like the changes coming with the food program. They are giving so many more options (at least in areas I had issues with) that I like the changes that will come in October. KidKare...No comment. We aren't even discussing it here. yet.
Annalee 06:43 AM 03-17-2017
Gradually there will be no Tier 1 or Tier 2.....all will be on the same reimbursement rate regardless of school data, or income. All changes that are coming will not be beneficial for child care. I signed a child up for Mar 13 but cannot count them on FP here until April 1 with NO back pay. This will gradually make it to everyone. I do not know why my state has to be the leader of the pack in these changes.
Annalee 06:53 AM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
You are exactly right, if I understand correctly, it is possible when the new rates go into place, they will be smaller than what we are getting now. Just another move to push us out of business.
Blackcat31 07:05 AM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Gradually there will be no Tier 1 or Tier 2.....all will be on the same reimbursement rate regardless of school data, or income. All changes that are coming will not be beneficial for child care. I signed a child up for Mar 13 but cannot count them on FP here until April 1 with NO back pay. This will gradually make it to everyone. I do not know why my state has to be the leader of the pack in these changes.
So far we have only been told of food pattern requirement changes and KidKare of course but there has been NO talk of changes in claiming a child etc...

When I enroll a child, I am reimbursed from their first day forward. As for Tier I or Tier II, I guess the way I look at that is that ANY tier is helpful and since the food program only supplements my food expenses verses covering them, I am happy to get what I get.
Cat Herder 07:07 AM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Gradually there will be no Tier 1 or Tier 2.....all will be on the same reimbursement rate regardless of school data, or income.
Ironic that those who did not want QRIS finally agreed when promised they would be rewarded for their hard work* by being reimbursed over time at the higher tier rate.

*aka, make up financial losses taken on buying all the mandatory extra supplies from the States approved retailer lists.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:57 AM 03-17-2017
I love mine too
CityGarden 11:00 AM 03-17-2017
Nice to see and hear this after so many horror threads on the food program woes. Lucky you!
Tags:food program
Reply Up