Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When You Take A Paid Vacation...
newtodaycare22 09:35 AM 01-02-2011
Do you ask for the money before or after? I usually collect money on Mondays and I'll be taking a full Mon-Frid. off this year. Is it ok to ask for the payment on Friday (Even a post dated check)...unless it's a hardship for them?
Abigail 10:14 PM 01-02-2011
What does your contract say about payments and vacations? I just posted my contract on here today and have many situations including this that I will be paid prior to my vacation. I wouldn't put that they can post-date the check, but I would tell them in person or in advance (if they bring it up) when it will be cashed.
misol 06:36 AM 01-03-2011
My payments are due Friday for the coming week so in this case I would be covered. I don't have anything in my contract addressing this but I probably would not ask for payment early if I was going to be on vacation on the day that payment was due. I would however, ask for payment early if they were going to be out on the day that payment was due.
Gurdy 06:56 AM 01-03-2011
I have them give me a check the Friday before. Usually pay day is Monday for me and in my contract if I will be closed or they are taking a planned day off on Monday they need to pay the Friday before, but I let them know that I will not deposit the check until Monday.
Tags:paid vacations
Reply Up