Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Funding A Daycare
Nextgen 01:29 PM 09-18-2012
Hi I am Nextgen, and it has been my hearts desire to start a home daycare. I worked in the childcare field for about 4years, and just love children. I have been considering starting my own home daycare, but need to make improvements to my home before starting. Can someone please give me information on how to get the start up money to open a home daycare?
Blackcat31 01:41 PM 09-18-2012
Welcome to the forum! Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely.

Many Child Care Resource and Referral agencies have info about start up grants for opening a child care. However be warned, it is tough to get these grants and there isn't a ton of money for them.

Most providers have had to start with their own funding and build their businesses.
Unregistered 03:32 PM 09-18-2012
I have to do it this way because it will not let me log in to my account so i am at my whits end it is MMk9987 welcome to the board.
MarinaVanessa 04:00 PM 09-18-2012
Before I opened up my own daycare I tried finding grants for my daycare and even finding them was difficult. I found 3 that I qualified for and the application process was long so be prepared. I didn't end up getting any of the grants but that doesn't mean that you won't. There just wasn't a lot for me to apply to and alot of applicants going for the same grants.

Like Blackcat said, most of us just pay for our own start-up on our own and as we get more clients and more income we start upgrading and updating our toys and supplies. I started out spending $500 on supplies, small furniture, CPR classes, TB testing, background clearances, child proofing and other licensing costs. I already had a daughter so I had some toys already and items like pack n plays, changing table etc. For other toys and books I went to yardsales and thrift stores. I also checked craigslist and sometimes I scored free stuff like puzzles, books, old kids furniture etc.

Hope that helps some
Unregistered 09:38 AM 09-21-2012
Thank you both for both of your responses. The information is very helpful, and I will make great use of it.

Thanks,
Nextgen!
Reply Up