Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-26-2017, 06:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Meal Question

I am fairly new to home daycare, started in July of 2016. I have been a lurker on this forum since before that. I had a question when it comes to feeding the children and when we are allowed to count them in our numbers of meals served. I have a 9 month old that is transitioning to foods slowly. His parents have been providing baby food for the last few months and he is transitioning to table foods (slowly). Is there a certain percentage a child needs to be eating before you can count them as a meal served. Example: today lunch was chicken patties, French fries and peas. I blended up the peas and fed them to the child in question for the first time. How much does he need to be eating of the meal that I served for it to count?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-27-2017, 06:12 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 23,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am fairly new to home daycare, started in July of 2016. I have been a lurker on this forum since before that. I had a question when it comes to feeding the children and when we are allowed to count them in our numbers of meals served. I have a 9 month old that is transitioning to foods slowly. His parents have been providing baby food for the last few months and he is transitioning to table foods (slowly). Is there a certain percentage a child needs to be eating before you can count them as a meal served. Example: today lunch was chicken patties, French fries and peas. I blended up the peas and fed them to the child in question for the first time. How much does he need to be eating of the meal that I served for it to count?
You would need to be the one that supplies all the required meal components for the child in order to count them in your meal counts. The only exception to that is if the parent supplies breast milk and you serve it to the child.

A 9 month old child requires breast milk and/or formula at each meal in addition to a fruit and/or vegetable and infant cereal or a meat/meat alternative (see below)

http://ccfpvac.blogspot.com/p/infants.html


Last edited by Blackcat31; 04-27-2017 at 06:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-27-2017, 07:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
You would need to be the one that supplies all the required meal components for the child in order to count them in your meal counts. The only exception to that is if the parent supplies breast milk and you serve it to the child.

A 9 month old child requires breast milk and/or formula at each meal in addition to a fruit and/or vegetable and infant cereal or a meat/meat alternative (see below)

http://ccfpvac.blogspot.com/p/infants.html



OP here. Thank you for this chart.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-27-2017, 09:04 AM
TomCopeland's Avatar
TomCopeland TomCopeland is online now
Business Author/Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 2,591
Default what is a meal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am fairly new to home daycare, started in July of 2016. I have been a lurker on this forum since before that. I had a question when it comes to feeding the children and when we are allowed to count them in our numbers of meals served. I have a 9 month old that is transitioning to foods slowly. His parents have been providing baby food for the last few months and he is transitioning to table foods (slowly). Is there a certain percentage a child needs to be eating before you can count them as a meal served. Example: today lunch was chicken patties, French fries and peas. I blended up the peas and fed them to the child in question for the first time. How much does he need to be eating of the meal that I served for it to count?
As long as you are serving any amount of food to a child you can count it as a meal or snack for purposes of claiming it as a food deduction using the standard meal allowance method.
__________________
http://www.tomcopelandblog.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-27-2017, 09:26 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 23,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCopeland View Post
As long as you are serving any amount of food to a child you can count it as a meal or snack for purposes of claiming it as a food deduction using the standard meal allowance method.
Sorry, I should have clarified that my reply was based on the food program rules.

I forgot that claiming using the standard meal allowance method would cover her/him.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-09-2017, 02:50 PM
hwichlaz's Avatar
hwichlaz hwichlaz is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 591
Default

FP rules say parents can contribute one component of any meal and you can still count it. So milk of some kind. or GF bread for you to keep on hand etc.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
food program, food program check

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meal Time Question momneedscoffee Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 5 07-02-2015 02:11 PM
Yet another meal tax question :) Kim Daycare and Taxes 4 01-15-2015 01:36 PM
Tax Question Re: Standard Meal Deduction AcornMama Daycare and Taxes 7 10-07-2013 05:05 PM
Question About Meal And Snack Deductions AcornMama Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 4 09-16-2013 01:59 PM
Minute Menu Meal Schedule?? KnoxMom Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas 2 05-17-2013 07:32 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:26 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming