Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Meal Question

I am fairly new to home daycare, started in July of 2016. I have been a lurker on this forum since before that. I had a question when it comes to feeding the children and when we are allowed to count them in our numbers of meals served. I have a 9 month old that is transitioning to foods slowly. His parents have been providing baby food for the last few months and he is transitioning to table foods (slowly). Is there a certain percentage a child needs to be eating before you can count them as a meal served. Example: today lunch was chicken patties, French fries and peas. I blended up the peas and fed them to the child in question for the first time. How much does he need to be eating of the meal that I served for it to count?
Old 04-27-2017, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am fairly new to home daycare, started in July of 2016. I have been a lurker on this forum since before that. I had a question when it comes to feeding the children and when we are allowed to count them in our numbers of meals served. I have a 9 month old that is transitioning to foods slowly. His parents have been providing baby food for the last few months and he is transitioning to table foods (slowly). Is there a certain percentage a child needs to be eating before you can count them as a meal served. Example: today lunch was chicken patties, French fries and peas. I blended up the peas and fed them to the child in question for the first time. How much does he need to be eating of the meal that I served for it to count?
You would need to be the one that supplies all the required meal components for the child in order to count them in your meal counts. The only exception to that is if the parent supplies breast milk and you serve it to the child.

A 9 month old child requires breast milk and/or formula at each meal in addition to a fruit and/or vegetable and infant cereal or a meat/meat alternative (see below)

http://ccfpvac.blogspot.com/p/infants.html

Last edited by Blackcat31; 04-27-2017 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
You would need to be the one that supplies all the required meal components for the child in order to count them in your meal counts. The only exception to that is if the parent supplies breast milk and you serve it to the child.

A 9 month old child requires breast milk and/or formula at each meal in addition to a fruit and/or vegetable and infant cereal or a meat/meat alternative (see below)

http://ccfpvac.blogspot.com/p/infants.html

OP here. Thank you for this chart.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:04 AM
Business Author/Trainer

Default what is a meal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As long as you are serving any amount of food to a child you can count it as a meal or snack for purposes of claiming it as a food deduction using the standard meal allowance method.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCopeland View Post
As long as you are serving any amount of food to a child you can count it as a meal or snack for purposes of claiming it as a food deduction using the standard meal allowance method.
Sorry, I should have clarified that my reply was based on the food program rules.

I forgot that claiming using the standard meal allowance method would cover her/him.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:50 PM
Daycare.com Member

FP rules say parents can contribute one component of any meal and you can still count it. So milk of some kind. or GF bread for you to keep on hand etc.

Tags
food program, food program check