Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Yes!! I'm So Happy!
jessrlee 08:11 AM 01-20-2012
I took all of the toys away from my dc kiddos this week. For four days they have had books and 8 stuffies. Finally today I think they figured it out! . They picked up everything on their own, only took one book at a time, and there has been no hitting, shoving, or screaming. I rewarded them with the blocks and they have been building for 45 min! Yeah for a great Friday!
Blackcat31 08:15 AM 01-20-2012

deprivation can be a good motivator....

Cat Herder 08:44 AM 01-20-2012
Earning toys is an intrinsic motivator to learning.

Awesome.....
momma2girls 03:56 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
I took all of the toys away from my dc kiddos this week. For four days they have had books and 8 stuffies. Finally today I think they figured it out! . They picked up everything on their own, only took one book at a time, and there has been no hitting, shoving, or screaming. I rewarded them with the blocks and they have been building for 45 min! Yeah for a great Friday!
I have done this same thing lately. Although mine is due to illnesses, runny noses, coughs, toddlers putting everything in their mouths- ughh!!!
dave4him 05:45 PM 01-20-2012
id like to take all the toys away........... ah to dream
MarinaVanessa 06:27 PM 01-20-2012
I've done it too. Works like a champ. Mine started to throw, crack and break stuff until I took everything away except the baby toys. They got the point right away.
PitterPatter 07:14 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
Congrats! That makes for a great weekend!
Tags:books, toys - not
Reply Up