Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Josiah's Fire
kidcrazednluvingit 03:28 PM 05-15-2017
Has anyone read Josiah's Fire yet? I could not put this book down and find myself thinking about it all the time! I keep going back to read bits of it again! It's the story of a boy diagnosed with autism and his gift that was discovered at a very young age. Truly the most amazing thing I've read. I highly recommend for anyone interested in autism or spirituality!!!
Anyone else read it???
Josiegirl 04:21 AM 05-17-2017
I have not read it but will be interested to. Just put it on my amazon list. Thanks for sharing! I assume it's a true story?
kidcrazednluvingit 08:55 AM 05-17-2017
Yes it is a true story, and pretty recent too! I think Josiah may be around 11 or 12 years old now. He has such an amazing story! If you are curious he has a facebook page too, but the book is truly an inspiring, a miraculous backdrop you have to read if you are into matters of faith or things of that nature. It has given me a whole new perspective of wonderment on autism, gifted individuals, and others with special needs. And his mothers strength and courage during this journey is so inspiring. This book has brought me so much faith and love- I love this little boy and his beautiful gift! Please read and give me your thoughts! I am dying to get another's perspective on this crazy story!!!
happymom 12:05 PM 05-18-2017
I just put it on hold at my library
thank you for the recommend!
happymom 03:55 PM 06-09-2017
Just wanted to let you know I got the book and am a few chapters in.

I might have a different view as an agnostic person reading it. I tend to read through the religious portions as "wah wah wahhh wah wah" -- and I don't intend to be offensive.

I am enjoying it though!
kidcrazednluvingit 06:46 AM 06-12-2017
Oh gosh- no offense taken! I would imagine that people of different faiths (or non-faiths) would have different reactions to the story. The first part of the book was a bit slow for me, but when it got to the part when his communication opened up I was so amazed- not only at the ability to find a medium for communication, but at the beauty and poetry in his messages... I hope you will enjoy it even if you are not on the same page faith wise as that family!
happymom 12:54 PM 07-07-2017
I regret to say that I didn't make it passed the slow part of the story...

I couldn't renew because someone was in line to check it out next, so I had to return the book to the library. His communication still hadn't really opened up at that point. I might stick it back on my list again in the future...I wasn't making progress like I wish I had though.
Tags:book suggestions, book suggestions - josiah's fire, josiah's fire
Reply Up