Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Letter When Rejected
daycare 10:43 AM 07-25-2017
I gues I should not say rejected. More like what was the reason you didn't enroll with us.

I am always trying to improve my program and can only do this by getting feedback from families.

I would like to create a letter to families that did not choose my program after being interviewed.

I'm not sure how to construct such a letter.

I interview loads of families many want to enroll and many don't. Just trying to get feedback why they wouldn't or didn't choose me.

Thanks in advance.
284878 05:15 AM 07-26-2017
Maybe create a online survey and then email a link after interviewing to everyone with a note thanking them for coming, about wanting to improve and ask them to complete the survey.
daycare 08:39 AM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
Maybe create a online survey and then email a link after interviewing to everyone with a note thanking them for coming, about wanting to improve and ask them to complete the survey.
I thought of this idea too, but would not know what to ask.

I was thinking along the idea of something like this, but not really too sure

Here at ABC Daycare are are always looking for ways to improve our program.
While we understand that not every family is the right fit for our program, we would like to ask ....................

this is were I get lost.

I guess I want to know why they didn't choose us, but I am not too sure how to go about formatting that. I am stuck ...lol
284878 08:19 AM 07-27-2017
For the letter, I am not sure how to ask that without feeling like I was putting them on the spot.

For a survey just start off generic. Things like:

Did you feel welcome
Was the home clean
Did you notice anything concerning
What did you like best
What didn't you like
We're all your questions answered
Is there something that you of liked to see in the tour that you didn't

Do some basic questions then the question you really want answer too. Make sure you have a comment box.
Also some surveys will ask the same question 3 different ways to get more details.

You could send this to anyone that toured in the last 30 days.
daycare 10:03 AM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
For the letter, I am not sure how to ask that without feeling like I was putting them on the spot.

For a survey just start off generic. Things like:

Did you feel welcome
Was the home clean
Did you notice anything concerning
What did you like best
What didn't you like
We're all your questions answered
Is there something that you of liked to see in the tour that you didn't

Do some basic questions then the question you really want answer too. Make sure you have a comment box.
Also some surveys will ask the same question 3 different ways to get more details.

You could send this to anyone that toured in the last 30 days.
Love this idea. Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
CityGarden 10:28 AM 08-06-2017
I like the idea of a follow up survey instead of emailing them directly. You could set it up in Google Docs so it feels more removed to them than them feeling the need to explain why directly to you via email.... I also feel you would get more honest feedback with the survey.
284878 11:52 AM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
I like the idea of a follow up survey instead of emailing them directly. You could set it up in Google Docs so it feels more removed to them than them feeling the need to explain why directly to you via email.... I also feel you would get more honest feedback with the survey.
Yes you will get more honest answers with a survey. However I would use Jot form, you can create up to five surveys for free and get results emailed to you vs having to log in to Google docs to see results.Or survey monkey.
I use Jot forms for about me forms and DC inquiry forms. It links right into my website as a it's own page.
Tags:survey, survey results
Reply Up