Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Is The Youngest Age...?
Josiegirl 03:32 AM 08-14-2017
How young have you transitioned tots to a cot? I have done around 18 mo, but usually closer to 2, as a rule. My current dcg, who's 20 mo., won't stay on her cot unless I sit beside her until she falls asleep.
DaveA 05:01 AM 08-14-2017
Usually around 15 months. The earliest was 13 months, but she was an odd combination of escape artist climber and quick deep sleeper. So the pack and play was more of a challenge than a help.
midaycare 05:06 AM 08-14-2017
Depends on the child. I try around 12-13 months, but I've had a few that weren't quite ready, were too small, preferred the pack n play, etc. Others couldn't wait to get out of the pack n play.
Jupadia 05:41 AM 08-14-2017
I do around 2 years. I get most of my kids at 1 years old and most have been rocked to sleep or co slept ed with till they start care. So I find it works best to start them off there. Once I think they are ready I put a cot in the playyard for them to sleep on. Ive only used that method once (playyard is neweer) but it worked wwll since it gave the child a barrier
So he could not disturb other kids if he got up before I could put him back on. Once they learn to stay the cot moves out of there and onto the main plaayfloor. Also I make sure to wait till only 1 nap so I can put them in the other room for first nap in the pack and plays.
Blackcat31 07:12 AM 08-14-2017
I aim for 12 months. Legally (here) they HAVE to be in a crib or a PNP until they are 12 months. My goal is to have them on a nap mat within the 12th month.

I've had a few that took a bit longer to transition but for the most part they are all on nap mats by 18 months at the latest.
Cat Herder 09:10 AM 08-14-2017
12 months. To.The.Day. I wait on baited breath for the space a safety evacuation crib engulfs.

I have been fortunate to not have difficulties in transitioning (typically developing children). They seem grateful to be down at eye level with the other kids.
Reply Up