Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Insurance For Legally Unlicensed Home Daycare?
Nickel 07:10 AM 10-04-2012
I have been trying to find dc insurance here in texas but can only find ones for registered or liceneed homes. I am listed a legal daycare. I can provide care for 3 unrelated children. I have 4 enrolled but only ever have 3 at one time and most days only 2. I dont mind paying the registered rates but not sure they wouod even insure me. But with the recent threads on cps issues etc i want to protect me and my family. My.homeownser insurance is through usaa and even if they.did offer a policy i doubt it would cover abuse or neglect allegations. Does anyone in texas know of a insurance agency that will cover listed homes that isnt outragously priced? Thx
DaisyMamma 07:33 AM 10-04-2012
What does your homeowner's say?
Mine does 3 kids as a biggy back, but I'm not sure what their licensing requirements are.
Sunchimes 09:51 AM 10-04-2012
I'm a listed home too. I have Farm Bureau for home and auto. They say I am covered if a child falls and breaks their arm or something. And I'm covered to transport up to 3 children. I've been trying for weeks to get something in writing that is specific-like what if the charge is abuse or neglect.

This company has been recommended here in the forum. I've checked them out, just in case FB doesn't fit my needs.
http://acainc.org/insurance_family.html
Nickel 10:44 AM 10-04-2012
Thank you ladies. I will just call usaa in case they do cover it. i have them for home, auto, banking and a loan, so I don't want to switch my home owners, just get additional daycare coveraGE. I guess I will just call them and see what they say and if they don't work out I will check on the other company you all listed.

Thanks again!
spud912 01:47 PM 10-04-2012
I also have State Farm and am legally unlicensed. Check with your local agent though because they tend to fluctuate from state to state.
Reply Up