Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Protocol Inquiry
Shenequa 12:37 PM 05-20-2017
Hi guys, Thanks for having me here. Ok we have a question.
My kid gets injured every two weeks or so. Do you think it's unusual for a parent to write to the manager expressing concern or should my husband just stay quiet. He's never rude but just expresses concern. I don't want our son to be removed from teh daycare. He is not a problem to the other kids. He is well behaved but appears to be accident prone. We just have nowhere else to go.
mommyneedsadayoff 01:45 PM 05-20-2017
Originally Posted by Shenequa:
My kid gets injured every two weeks or so. Do you think it's unusual for a parent to write to the manager expressing concern or should my husband just stay quiet. He's never rude but just expresses concern. I don't want our son to be removed from teh daycare. He is not a problem to the other kids. He is well behaved but appears to be accident prone. We just have nowhere else to go.
Could you elaborate on the types of injuries? Like are they bumps, bruises, cuts, scrapes, ect? Or are they significant injuries that require medical attention? I have had clumsy kids who get bumps and bruises daily, even with constant supervision, so I would need to know more to give better advice, but if you feel the need to talk to your provider, I always support open communication! I just need a little more info to see what your expectations of that conversation may be.
LysesKids 03:04 PM 05-20-2017
Originally Posted by Shenequa:
I agree with mommyneeds; We need more info on the injuries

I had a child in care that constantly got bumps bruises etc & it started when he was able to first walk... in fact, he hurt himself more @ home than here (and I'm talking he would show up with some doozy bruises & cuts that were from rolling down hills and such). He was an active toddler who "didn't look before he leaps" type of kid but he was always happy ... we all knew part of it was because his head was bigger than normal and it took awhile for his little body to catch up so he didn't wobble.

I never worried about it and neither did his parents. I had a daughter that was the same way; rough & tumble tomboy from the getgo. I did have a few hospital visits with her, but it was when she was older & got into competitive sports
Tags:communicating with parents, injuries, injury form
Reply Up