Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wish I Could Watch Some Of You In Action!
Josiegirl 02:47 AM 08-22-2017
All summer I've had 8 kids attending, some weeks less because of vacations. But this week I have 10 M-T-W, then 9 on Th-F.
Yesterday I could barely keep up. How on earth do those of you with a lot of kiddos, do it??? It doesn't help that my sweet little 11 mo has turned into a cling-on the past couple of weeks. I can't walk 2 feet without her trying to clamp onto my legs. And the older dcks(who are SOOOOO ready to be back in school!!!) take stuff out and half-a$$ pick up after themselves. Then there's the 20 mo who cries a blue streak if she doesn't have her blankie and binky or if somebody looks at her funny. Oh and the 6 yo dcg who tells me no, every time I ask her to do something or she screams at the other kids over toys, etc.
OMG I need a vacation.

I really think they need to shorten summer vacations, because the past 2-3 weeks have been torture for them and me.
Blackcat31 06:10 AM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
All summer I've had 8 kids attending, some weeks less because of vacations. But this week I have 10 M-T-W, then 9 on Th-F.
Yesterday I could barely keep up. How on earth do those of you with a lot of kiddos, do it??? It doesn't help that my sweet little 11 mo has turned into a cling-on the past couple of weeks. I can't walk 2 feet without her trying to clamp onto my legs. And the older dcks(who are SOOOOO ready to be back in school!!!) take stuff out and half-a$$ pick up after themselves. Then there's the 20 mo who cries a blue streak if she doesn't have her blankie and binky or if somebody looks at her funny. Oh and the 6 yo dcg who tells me no, every time I ask her to do something or she screams at the other kids over toys, etc.
OMG I need a vacation.

I really think they need to shorten summer vacations, because the past 2-3 weeks have been torture for them and me.
I too am grateful the summer is winding down.

I have 3 heading off to Kindergarten and they need to go. Go now..... they are no longer as easy to please, entertain and/or enjoy.

I will miss the busy fast paced environment that having a really full house in the summer provides but a bit slower pace will be a welcome change.

Its hard when you get a child on a routine and they suddenly turn into some one you hardly recognize. I have a 13 month old that is THE most horrid babe right now and it's such a new behavior that we are all trying our hardest to be patient but I don't know how long we can keep this up.

I feel for you completely in regards to your 11 month old and the new cling-on behavior. That is so hard.

I like Fall though so I AM looking forward to it!
Snowmom 07:28 AM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
OMG I need a vacation.

Ha. Some days ARE torture.
I have 10-12, depending on the ages.
I enroll where I know my strengths are, which is age 1-3.
We are very regimented with our routine too.

I can't do babies or school agers. I go bonkers.
storybookending 08:01 AM 08-22-2017
I admire all of you that take on school agers. I had one last summer and they are so much more work and harder to entertain. I didn't take any this summer but I have one 5 year old who has been with me but will be starting Kindgarten. I'm not so much having problems entertaining him yet just the attitude, fights back on every little thing and honestly he's just annoying. Anyone anywhere close to his age is a girl and he just doesn't want to play what they are interested in playing. I almost kind of wonder if I had taken on a school ager if it would have distracted him a bit more and things would be easier. Then again with this kid I doubt it.

School starts next week on Friday so the area summer camp with school agers has decided not to run to prep for their after school programs. I'm taking on a brother and a sister school ager of my 9 month old for the 4 days. The brother might not come all 4. They are good kids and I had them a few days of their Spring Break in March. I just worry the older boy will be bored. The girl is fine and has been begging to come all summer, she's a good little helper. Neither of them care for the 5 year old boy in question though.
Tags:daycare environment
Reply Up