Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Requirements In PA
Unregistered 02:18 PM 02-13-2008
I was thinking about opening a day care in Pa and iwas wondering if you need any kind of school and what the requirements are in PA.
Michael 03:39 PM 02-13-2008
https://www.daycare.com/pennsylvania/

Must be at least 18 years old and have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, including 30 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 1 year of experience with children; or an Associate's degree in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 2 years of experience with children; or an Associate's degree from an accredited college or university, including 30 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 3 years of experience with children.

https://www.daycare.com/pennsylvania/
Unregistered 07:44 AM 07-08-2008
I am a Pastor of a church and we are considering starting a Day Care Center. I personally do not have a degree in education. However I do have individuals in my congregration who do. What role would I be allowed to play and how could we utilize the individuals with the degree?
DinTx 05:49 PM 07-09-2008
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am a Pastor of a church and we are considering starting a Day Care Center. I personally do not have a degree in education. However I do have individuals in my congregration who do. What role would I be allowed to play and how could we utilize the individuals with the degree?
I don't know about other states, but in Tx, the person with the credentials must be the Dir of the center. You could not be. Also, here, you do not need a degree in Ed. You can qualify as Dir with a certain number of years of full-time care of children and 70 clock hours of business and child development courses. That's the minimum requirement.
Unregistered 05:01 PM 06-09-2009
I want to open up a daycare in PA and I went to Bocies in Buffalo NY for 2 years. I went to a couple of Intern ships and got my hrs done. I have my Certificate but I'm not sure if I need something else?
Unregistered 07:09 PM 08-15-2009
Where in PA? I can answer all of your questions. Email me joiep0710@aol.com
Unregistered 01:53 PM 10-07-2009
I have read the requirements for education for opening a daycare in pennsylvania. what i am confused with is where is says there is a requirement with children. Does this statement mean work experience with children or do the children i have coun towards the 3 year requirement?
Unregistered 11:30 AM 11-15-2009
The pastor of my church and I are going to be opening a privately owned daycare, we will not be gov. funded. The preacher has a degree but I only have a certification and 3 years experience working in child care and 15 years working with children. We were looking to have me run the daycare but I don't think I have the cridentials it takes. What do you think?
daycare architect 09:05 AM 12-18-2009
The pastor of my church and I are going to be opening a privately owned daycare, we will not be gov. funded. The preacher has a degree but I only have a certification and 3 years experience working in child care and 15 years working with children. We were looking to have me run the daycare but I don't think I have the cridentials it takes. What do you think?
Will the private daycare be in the church building (paying rent to the church) or off site? Churches typically fall into "assembly" groups in the building code and can get away with a more liberal interpretation of the building codes so depending on where the daycare is located within the church it may be able to benefit too.
Unregistered 05:26 AM 03-11-2010
What are the requirments for starting a daycare in Terre Haute,IN
Unregistered 03:29 PM 10-07-2011
I am a high school teacher. I have my bachelor's degree (English major, Education minor). I have also completed 30 credits towards a master's degree in Education. Do I need anymore classes/credits? I may not have an elementary school degree but I have had educational classes that span K-12 issues. Do you think I'm covered? I am looking to be the owner of the daycare.
Thanks
Unregistered 08:41 AM 05-01-2017
I will be graduating highschool next month and I am interested in opening my own day care. Whats are the steps I need to take and do I need to major in anything ? Please help !! (:
Blackcat31 08:54 AM 05-01-2017
I will be graduating highschool next month and I am interested in opening my own day care. Whats are the steps I need to take and do I need to major in anything ? Please help !! (:
You can find your state requirements here: https://www.daycare.com/states.html
Tags:license, pennsylvania, standards
Reply Up