Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap times?
Unregistered 10:26 AM 10-16-2008
I have a quick question. I have 3 year and have had problems getting her to sleep at night. I just found out that the day care has her down for her nap from 12:30 to 3pm everyday. Is that a long time to have a child napping or is that me. I would like to tell the daycare place but talk to them is like talking to a brick wall. Does anyone have an idea if that it too much time?
Unregistered 07:34 AM 10-17-2008
In my daycare the naptime is from 12:30, 1:00 to 2:30, 3:00, so yah, 2 hours is typical. In a daycare setting it is usually done like this because of Luches for your teachers. If you have say 15 children and 2 teachers, it makes since, an hour lunch for each teacher. In most cases this is the only break they will have!!! In a private daycare most providers do not have a second teacher so not only is it my hour lunch but i also use this time to clean the kitchen, prepare snack or just do somethings that i need to do. Out of a 12 to 13 hours day this two hours is the only time i have to catch my breath and regroup.
NEDaycare 07:42 AM 10-17-2008
I operate a licensed daycare, and the kids go down for their naps just after lunch and wake up on their own. Sometimes they sleep for an hour and sometimes for three hours, but I do not wake them up from their naps because parents have warned me that they will be pretty poorly behaved for the rest of the day if I do so. To avoid this, I let them sleep. I dont know if your daycare center/provider would be willing to wake a sleepy child.
Unregistered 04:06 PM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a quick question. I have 3 year and have had problems getting her to sleep at night. I just found out that the day care has her down for her nap from 12:30 to 3pm everyday. Is that a long time to have a child napping or is that me. I would like to tell the daycare place but talk to them is like talking to a brick wall. Does anyone have an idea if that it too much time?
I have never woken up a sleeping child in my daycare. They go down at different times each day, anywhere from 1 to 2pm, depending on our days activities. And they sleep from 2 hrs to 2 1/2, the occasional child will sleep for 3 hrs. I have never had a parent complain.
Unregistered 10:15 AM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by NEDaycare:
I operate a licensed daycare, and the kids go down for their naps just after lunch and wake up on their own. Sometimes they sleep for an hour and sometimes for three hours, but I do not wake them up from their naps because parents have warned me that they will be pretty poorly behaved for the rest of the day if I do so. To avoid this, I let them sleep. I dont know if your daycare center/provider would be willing to wake a sleepy child.
This is pretty typical in my home as well. Maybe you can ask the daycare to put your child down sooner so he/she wakes up at an earlier hour or maybe he/she will not sleep as long.
betsy 01:16 PM 10-27-2008
I think that is a normal range for a nap. My son is 4 and still takes a 2-3 hour nap on the weekends. He can't during the day because he is in pm pre-k and they don't do naps.
Tags:naptime - requirements, naptime routine, parent request - no nap
Reply Up