Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Under the Dome
GrannyJ 08:47 AM 08-06-2013
Is anyone reading or already read Stephen Kings Under the Dome? I am watching the tv show and was wondering if the book is anything like the tv show or will I just get confused because the characters are different? Or will it ruin the outcome of the tv show for me?

I really want to read the book but don't want to be disappointed! lol
Blackcat31 10:07 AM 08-06-2013
Oh my! My advice.... SKIP the tv series and read the book.

I have read the book (a couple times) and am currently watching the show.

I am VERY disappointed in the TV show but I should have known since most movies are VERY vague adaptations of the books and I much prefer the book.

If you do watch the show, it would still be worth it to read the book because they are skipping sooooo much that is good stuff!

Definitely read the book though!
Bookworm 02:19 PM 08-07-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Oh my! My advice.... SKIP the tv series and read the book.

I have read the book (a couple times) and am currently watching the show.

I am VERY disappointed in the TV show but I should have known since most movies are VERY vague adaptations of the books and I much prefer the book.

If you do watch the show, it would still be worth it to read the book because they are skipping sooooo much that is good stuff!

Definitely read the book though!

I agree. My husband loves the show and I cringe through all of the changes. Please read the book because the show tells a somewhat different story. By the way, it been renewed for a second season. Why?
GrannyJ 03:26 PM 08-07-2013
Thanks for the suggestions. I am definitely going to read the book. I would much rather read than watch tv but my husband also likes me to watch with him. lol So I think I will be watching with book in hand! lol
LiloAngels 05:55 PM 09-04-2013
I started watching the show but quit because I had missed a few, however, we have the book but haven't started so looking forward to reading it.
Denise 01:15 PM 09-07-2013
I ordered the book for my Nook after I started watching the series on tv and got fed up with 25 minutes of show and 35 minutes of commercials. I just finished the book and was very glad I purchased it. It's long but if you get into books like I do you'll wish it was even longer. Great read! I recommend it.
Reply Up