Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Which Are Your DCKs' Favorite Books?
Josiegirl 03:45 AM 10-11-2013
We're loving the Mo Willems books, and as always, anything Eric Carle.
MsLaura529 04:05 AM 10-11-2013
I just introduced "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" to the kids last week and they LOVED it. They also really got in to the Pete the Cat books this week.

Their all-time favorite is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.
Laurel 04:13 AM 10-11-2013
Right now it is:

Yes,yes, No, no
Please baby please

Both of these books have the same theme which they seem to be into. The baby in each is doing things they are not supposed to do like drawing on the walls, etc. and then it shows the correct thing they should be doing. I guess I'll have to buy some David books. I've had them from the library but they might make a good investment.

The other one they like is a Barney one that I got for 50 cents at the thrift store. It is a big book with a lot of little flaps. It covers all the basics like abc's, shapes, colors, etc.

Laurel
KidGrind 04:30 AM 10-11-2013
Marsupial Sue
Please Baby Please
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
Maria2013 04:30 AM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
We're loving the Mo Willems books, and as always, anything Eric Carle.
'Are you my mother" is I think everyone's fav at the moment
blandino 05:17 AM 10-11-2013
When they were a little younger it was "Brown Bear, Brown Bear". Now it is "My Baby & Me", "The Very Hungry Caterpillar", or "The Rainbow Fish". They love any and every Eric Carle book that we have.
daycarediva 05:22 AM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
I just introduced "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" to the kids last week and they LOVED it. They also really got in to the Pete the Cat books this week.

Same here

Llama llama
pete the cat
Dr. Seuss
Chester Racoon set (I even sewed little red hearts onto their nap time blanket)
Pinkalicious/Purplelicious
blandino 05:40 AM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Same here

Llama llama
pete the cat
Dr. Seuss
Chester Racoon set (I even sewed little red hearts onto their nap time blanket)
Pinkalicious/Purplelicious
I can't get my kids to enjoy Dr. Seuss for anything. Maybe it is the slight age difference in our kids that causes that ? Because Dr. Seuss is a little abstract ? My kids are all 1.5-3. I have tried so hard with Dr. Suess books and aside from "The Foot Book", they don't enjoy them
CedarCreek 05:51 AM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
I can't get my kids to enjoy Dr. Seuss for anything. Maybe it is the slight age difference in our kids that causes that ? Because Dr. Seuss is a little abstract ? My kids are all 1.5-3. I have tried so hard with Dr. Suess books and aside from "The Foot Book", they don't enjoy them
Mine too. The Dr. Seuss books are really too long for them.

Mine love brown bear, fairy tales, and any special holiday books!
Leigh 06:02 AM 10-11-2013
Mine love the Dr. Seuss books, even at infant ages...the Eye Book is very popular, ABC, Hop on Pop, Mr. Brown Can Moo, The Shape of Me. They also love the Very Hungry Caterpillar, Miss Mary Mack, The House that Jack Built, the Llama Llama series, and anything with trucks or tractors or farm themes. Brown Bear, Brown Bear (also Panda Bear, Panda Bear). Most of the Sandra Boynton (Are You A Cow?, Moo, Baa, La La La, Doggies, Barnyard Dance). They like every Usborne book, Scholastic book, and book that makes noise that I have bought. Character books (Toy Story, Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse, Nemo, etc.). I have a library of about 400 books here, and there aren't many that don't get read, but these are the favorites.

The Dr. Seuss books that I have are mostly the board books meant for younger ages-the Cat in the Hat and such really do take too much of an attention span for my young group.
coolconfidentme 06:37 AM 10-11-2013
Mine LOVE the building Christian Character series by Michael Waite. They are about sharing, forgiving, helpfulness, etc.
momofsix 07:17 AM 10-11-2013
Right now they're all into the Mo Willems books...they think they're sooooooo funny!
Usually their favorites are whatever I'm willing to read over and over
They love the "I Spy" type books too.
Blackcat31 07:32 AM 10-11-2013
My kids are really into the Llama Llama book series right now.

My personal favorites are
Click Clack Moo, Cows That Type (I laugh out loud every time )

and Giraffe's Can't Dance (AWESOME book! I own several copies)

blandino 07:36 AM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

A parent let us borrow "click clack moo" for our farm unit, and I loved it.
craftymissbeth 07:39 AM 10-11-2013
Right now they're loving the Llama Llama board books we just got in the mail from Scholastic.
daycarediva 07:45 AM 10-11-2013
I love click clack moo! Kids didn't care for it much!

Blandino- mine weren't interested until I did a Dr Seuss week. We made crafts and read a few of the board books (shorter and simpler) and then I added a few of the longer books. We had green eggs and ham for breakfast, etc. Now they will probably never leave book rotation.

My kids ALL love to read and their attention span for it is AMAZING. They will sit and listen for hours. When we got a LARGE book donation from a former parent (over 30 books) we read them ALL cover to cover, and they ALL sat the ENTIRE time. Parents were picking up and in awe of their interest.

They also ALL read at home. I have parents who order from the book orders monthly, even if it's just 1 book that their child borrowed from me (I lend them out, they have library cards and sign the books in and out) and loved. It's rare that my scholastic order is under $100.
blandino 07:53 AM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I love click clack moo! Kids didn't care for it much!

Blandino- mine weren't interested until I did a Dr Seuss week. We made crafts and read a few of the board books (shorter and simpler) and then I added a few of the longer books. We had green eggs and ham for breakfast, etc. Now they will probably never leave book rotation.

My kids ALL love to read and their attention span for it is AMAZING. They will sit and listen for hours. When we got a LARGE book donation from a former parent (over 30 books) we read them ALL cover to cover, and they ALL sat the ENTIRE time. Parents were picking up and in awe of their interest.

They also ALL read at home. I have parents who order from the book orders monthly, even if it's just 1 book that their child borrowed from me (I lend them out, they have library cards and sign the books in and out) and loved. It's rare that my scholastic order is under $100.
We always celebrate Dr. Suess's birthday week, and read a lot of his books that week. At circle time I have a harder time getting them to pay attention to books they don't LOVE, but at nap time I have a captive audience, so I supposed I could start introducing the books then...just to give them a sense of familiarity with them.
jenn 08:03 AM 10-11-2013
Younger group:
Moo, Baa, LaLaLa
Very Hungry Caterpillar
Blue Hat, Green Hat
Older group:
any of the Five Little Monkeys books
I Stink (about a trash truck)
Leigh 09:06 AM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by jenn:
Younger group:
Moo, Baa, LaLaLa
Very Hungry Caterpillar
Blue Hat, Green Hat
Older group:
any of the Five Little Monkeys books
I Stink (about a trash truck)
Mine LOVE "I stink", too!
WImom 10:39 AM 10-11-2013
The Pout Pout Fish
I Like Myself
Little Mouse and the big cupcake
Very Hungry Caterpillar
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
and they always love the Holiday Books I have
My3cents 11:32 AM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:

My kids love this book too, we read it last week also. I like the simplicity of it, grabs the kids attention. Good one-
My3cents 11:34 AM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Giraffe's Can't Dance love this one. Have not heard of the other one, but am interested now as I love books with the kids.
My3cents 11:38 AM 10-11-2013
Bear Books

My Dad drives a Tuk Tuk

Sandra Boyton books

I have so many books we read all the time.

I will respond more to this later..... almost all of the books mentioned are books we have read.

They love rhyming books and books that are silly and not too long worded.
Josiegirl 04:37 PM 10-11-2013
I think Giraffes Can't Dance is MY personal all-time favorite.
Reply Up