Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quick Question
Josiegirl 04:06 AM 08-18-2017
The dcks and I have been trying different recipes this summer; some they've helped cook but most not. Each dcf was asked to bring in their favorite recipes and we're going to compile a mini cookbook. Only 2 families shared any recipes so we hunted for a bunch of new ones to try. So anyways, the question I have is there are 2 pretty young siblings, ages 11 mo and about 19 mo. Would you make them each a cookbook too or just their older siblings? As you can imagine, they've been uninvolved in the whole process. Except the eating part.

I also bought aprons for all the kiddos except the 2 littler ones; I bought them tees, and the dcks all put handprints on each others. It's kind of a cool off-to-school, remember the summer type of activity.
Cat Herder 04:36 AM 08-18-2017
I think it is great just they way you planned it.
Snowmom 06:54 AM 08-18-2017
I would do one per family.
daycare 07:18 AM 08-18-2017
We did something like this a few years back with a cookie exchange and then the parents brought their recipe card. we took a picture of each child and they drew what their favorite cookie was, provided the recipe card with their picture and made a book out of it. we did one per child in my case. but my kids are older.
KIDZRMYBIZ 07:29 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I would do one per family.
Same. Cute ideas!
Josiegirl 02:49 AM 08-19-2017
Thanks all!
The 18 mo I've had this summer, I tried every which way to either paint her hand or foot to add to everybody's apron/tee but she was having none of it. So her older sister suggested we wait til she's napping because her mom had to do that. Lol So that's what I did. She slept through the whole process of having her foot painted 8x and her big sister washing her foot. Her big sis is starting K and I am going to miss her so much. She's the best, sweetest, and most thoughtful little girl....
Reply Up