Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quad Stroller, in Winter
WAHMderful_Life 09:25 AM 08-18-2017
Hi, Im just curious what quad strollers people have that are available in Canada and how they do in the snowy months?

Specifically I would like to know about the Foundations Sport and Foundations XL. If you have a different brand that works well let me know.

Also any other info on how they handle etc would be great.

Thanks in advance
Jack Sprat 11:24 AM 08-18-2017
I have the Foundations XL quad..not the sport. I really don't like it. It's hard to push on paved roads and sidewalks in great conditions. I'm not sure how it would do in snow etc. I wish it had jog stroller like tires. That would make it a lot easier to use.
Miss A 12:15 PM 08-18-2017
I absolutely HATE the Foundations strollers! The safety break handle bar is good in theory, but it makes it a huge hassle to push the stroller in the best of conditions. The Bye-Bye Buggy by Angles was my favorite. They come in 4 or 6 seat, amd they have a new run about version too.
WAHMderful_Life 02:06 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
I absolutely HATE the Foundations strollers! The safety break handle bar is good in theory, but it makes it a huge hassle to push the stroller in the best of conditions. The Bye-Bye Buggy by Angles was my favorite. They come in 4 or 6 seat, amd they have a new run about version too.
So the bye-bye buggy is good in the snow then? Is it heavy?
Miss A 02:41 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by WAHMderful_Life:
I am not 100% on how it handles in the snow, but I do know that steering it in spring/summer/fall was much better than the Foundations stroller.

It is surprisingly easy to push even with 6 kids in it. You will be getting a workout, but I found that wether I had 4 babies in a Foundations stroller of 6 2.5 year olds in the Buggy the load seemed to feel about the same.
rosieteddy 05:03 PM 08-22-2017
I had the 5 seater runabout jogging stroller.It was excellent in snow.I found it the easiest to push even fully loaded.I bought the zippered bundle me in toddler size for all seats.They were warm and we could get out .
flying_babyb 07:27 PM 08-22-2017
We have the 6 seat one. If the wheels are taken care of, cleared of snow it runs pretty good as long as the sidewalk are pretty clear. Its hard to push when full depending on the kids (I had 6 one year olds). Real workout going up hill.
Rainbow 08:41 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
The Bye-Bye Buggy by Angles was my favorite. They come in 4 or 6 seat, amd they have a new run about version too.
I recently puchased the quad version of this, and yes, it is heavy, but somehow, it is still fairly easy to push and steers great (I can spin it in a circle one handed). Sometimes pushing down on the handle gets a little tiring, but it's not too bad. I haven't tried it in snow-yet, but I have pushed it over rough terrain no problem.

I upgraded from a triple foundations sport and boy did I hate that stroller (it was so hard to push and turn or even keep straight while walking) and I only used it if I absolutely had to.

Sorry, I can't vouch for how well it is in the snow, but so far, I am really happy with the bye bye buggy (the fabric covered one).
WAHMderful_Life 09:00 AM 08-30-2017
Thanks everyone, I think I might fork out the money for a runabout as I know they are awesome, just pricy
MarinaVanessa 02:17 PM 08-30-2017
Thanks everyone, I think I might fork out the money for a runabout as I know they are awesome, just pricy
Yes pricey but OH SO WORTH IT.
I bought one a couple of years ago (4 seater) and it's by far the best stroller I have ever used. The Foundations stroller I had I was about ready to BURN, I hated it and that was using it on regular pavement in regular weather.

I haven't used the Runabout stroller in snow but I use it in sand a lot and it works great. I take it the beach in sand, to parks in sand, to parks in wood chips, on dirt walking trails, through grass, through regular width doors, to stores with narrow paths, do Disneyland, to the fair, to the zoo ... pretty much everywhere. I use it for personal trips like theme parks and such with family and we take turns pushing it and stick all of the littles in it. I like it better than I like my double stroller. It's kind of big to fit in the trunk but I drive a Sienna Van and I can collapse the handlebar and remove the front seat and it'll fit in my trunk.
WAHMderful_Life 08:08 PM 09-07-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Yes pricey but OH SO WORTH IT.
I bought one a couple of years ago (4 seater) and it's by far the best stroller I have ever used. The Foundations stroller I had I was about ready to BURN, I hated it and that was using it on regular pavement in regular weather.

I haven't used the Runabout stroller in snow but I use it in sand a lot and it works great. I take it the beach in sand, to parks in sand, to parks in wood chips, on dirt walking trails, through grass, through regular width doors, to stores with narrow paths, do Disneyland, to the fair, to the zoo ... pretty
much everywhere. I use it for personal trips like theme parks and such with family and we take turns pushing it and stick all of the littles in it. I like it better than I like my double stroller. It's kind of big to fit in the trunk but I drive a Sienna Van and I can collapse the handlebar and remove the front seat and it'll fit in my trunk.

thanks for the review on the runabout. if it can go through sand then snow will be fine. I know daycares around here have them and take them out in the winter but I have not personally seen how well they go though areas that aren't cleared. Im feeling pretty confident that it will work great. Going to Order one now .
Tags:quad stroller, stroller - 4 seat
Reply Up