Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fulltime Rate
SquirrellyMama 05:35 AM 06-27-2012
When do you start your full time rate? When I had my daycare several years ago I started my full time rate at 5 hours to 10 hours. Anything less than that was a part time rate. If it was drop in I did an hourly rate. I plan on doing that again but wasn't sure what others did and if there was a better way.

Thanks!
daycare123 05:58 AM 06-27-2012
My full time rate starts at 25 hours for the week. Under 25 is part time. I am open 10 hrs a day so i just split it in half. My daily rates are 21 and 20 depending on age. Thinking about raising them! My drop in rate is 25 a day with a 3 day minimum required.
Blackcat31 06:08 AM 06-27-2012
I bill weekly so my full-time rate starts at 4 days per week.

Part-time is 3 days a week with a set schedule at one rate and a varying schedule at a slightly higher rate.

Anything less than 3 days per week is drop-in.

I don't count hours in the day. If you are here for 30 minutes, you get charged for the day.
Kiki 07:32 AM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I bill weekly so my full-time rate starts at 4 days per week.

Part-time is 3 days a week with a set schedule at one rate and a varying schedule at a slightly higher rate.

Anything less than 3 days per week is drop-in.

I don't count hours in the day. If you are here for 30 minutes, you get charged for the day.
Same here. Trying to figure out hourly rates would be a mess for me.
MN Day Mom 07:41 AM 06-27-2012
I keep things simple for myself. I only have a full/flat weekly rate. I don't mess around with part time, hours, days etc. Use it one hour, one day, three days whatever... you pay the same each and every week regardless of usage... you are paying for taking up the space in my childcare
Meeko 07:46 AM 06-27-2012
Flat rate. Same exact payment each and every week regardless of days/hours.
originalkat 09:11 AM 06-27-2012
I also only offer full time flat rate. Mine is monthly.
SquirrellyMama 09:37 AM 06-27-2012
I do have a flat rate. They contract for full or part time and that is what they pay each week. I was just wondering where to start my full time rate. Right now if they are contracting for more than 25 hours they pay a flat full time rate. I was just wondering if others considered 5 hours a day to be full time.

They cannot go between full time and part time. They are either one or the other.
Crazy8 09:48 AM 06-27-2012
I don't do half day rates. My part time rates are based on the number of days a week, not the number of hours in a day. I hate having mid-day drop offs or pick ups, very disruptive!
SquirrellyMama 09:58 AM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I don't do half day rates. My part time rates are based on the number of days a week, not the number of hours in a day. I hate having mid-day drop offs or pick ups, very disruptive!
Ok, I get that. That would probably work better than by hours. That would also take away any questions when kids start going to preschool for a few hours a week.

Kelly
Reply Up